11

The sunshine that peeked through the windows woke me up early the next morning. Opening my eyes groggily, I rolled over to the other side of the bed, covering my semi-nude body with the bedsheets. It was cold inside my room, which was why I was provided with extra blankets in case the temperature dropped even more.

I was alone in bed. Master hadn't stayed with me that night, giving me time to let my new lifestyle sink in and to have some privacy. He had tucked me in and left the room soon after I began to yawn and get comfortable. I appreciated his thoughtfulness since I did want some privacy. I remembered the rules stating that I needed to stay with him for a few days during the week.

My eyes fluttered open. I focused on the empty room and the way the sun lit it up. It had been a while since I had seen sunlight because of the weather conditions in that location. I stretched and yawned, my hands above my head as stretched all of my muscles, my legs extended outwards. I then sat up, rubbing my eyes, and looking around.

The room felt lonely, almost as if it craved the presence of someone else. I got off the bed and opened up my closet, taking my brace off and putting it inside. My muscles ached as they did every time I took it off after wearing it for so long. After Master had left, I had quickly put it on and went to sleep with it.

I didn't want to tell Master about it. About what I had in my body that was so incorrect and hurtful. I was afraid that if he found out, he wouldn't want me because of my disability. Even the thought saddened me. It had happened before, and I knew it would happen again. I'd just keep wearing my awful brace and stand it while keeping it as a secret.

I put on fresh underwear and a white sweater to keep me warm. Before putting on sweatpants, I trudged to the bathroom, washed my face, and brushed my teeth. Completing my routine, I quickly walked back out, jumping when the door opened suddenly.

Master was wearing his usual suit and crown that glimmered and sparkled with the direct rays of light that hit it. His eyes searched my naked lower half before looking back up.

"Put some clothes on. Breakfast is ready. We're going to start your training right after, okay?" My eyes widened as I shook my head. "I-Isn't it too soon?" He raised an eyebrow, watching me as I quickly put on some black sweatpants. "No. It's the perfect time for you. Don't fret over it, I will be very lenient and gentle."

He extended his hand and grabbed mine, pulling me towards the dining room. The smell of chocolate chip pancakes had spread all over the palace. It smelled delicious. My mouth watered as I followed him into the room, a stack of fluffy pancakes on the plate. There was maple syrup and melted chocolate as an option for an exclusive taste. I went for both.

I didn't want to eat that much in case I would be ordered to take off my clothes as part of my training. I didn't want my stomach sticking out because of the amount of food I ate. I slowly chewed and cut my pancake into pieces, nervously looking at Master, who was staring at me with a curious gleam in his eyes. He didn't look away, as if challenging me to. I did, submitting and looking down to my plate, my cheeks burning.

Once I finished my food, I looked up at him in anticipation. He had noticed that I was finished, and he stood up calmly, extending his hand forward for me to take. I placed my hands in his, allowing him to pull me to my feet.