33

One moment I could see freely while trying to identify my captor. The next moment, I could no longer see anything. A thin blindfold was tied around my head, not letting me see as the hand holding my arm tightened, pulling me deeper and deeper into the palace. I laughed nervously, breathing in through my nose and laughing through my mouth. The hand-rubbed at my skin soothingly, an action which told me it was Romeo. He was comforting me, telling me it was alright without even opening his mouth. That was enough for me. Trust between two bodies was the strongest yet most vulnerable bond. Fragile and apparent, it would come and go like the wind.

I let myself be dragged around like a rag doll, submitting completely to Romeo, who has gripped my waist, holding my body closer. I held his bare arms, which told me he had taken his suit jacket off. Why had he shed an article of clothing? Why was I blindfolded? I didn't know what I was feeling, I was too scared to feel the wrong emotion and disappoint myself later on. Was this an organized surprise? I was told that he had been waiting for me. Should I have been expecting something?

"Romeo" I whispered, swallowing. "Where are we going?" My heart beat against my chest as I grew more excited. Romeo had slowed down, not speaking, only shushing me softly. He stopped completely, his arm around my shoulder as he led me into a room, his hand on the small of my back, ushering me in.

I felt the coldness of the air as soon as I went inside. It was fresh and light, I could see that much through the blindfold. I wanted to ask more questions, but I didn't. I didn't want to disturb him. Anger, maybe. But running the moment was something I didn't want to do. I stood patiently, waiting for a signal, something to be said, or for him to tell me what to do. Without his commands and leading words, I was clueless and blind. I needed him to be my eyes and my thoughts, two hands giving me what I needed to function. I had submitted it completely. 

I dropped my head forward, letting my body relax as he pushed me down onto a soft mattress, making me sit at the edge. He held my shoulders for a bit, and ı could feel his arms on the top of my head. I licked my lips, wetting the dried skin for a bit, swallowing once again to clear my throat. What was he waiting for?

His fingers brushed against my neck as he let go of my body, walking away. The steps he took echoed in my ears, and he had walked to the left side of the bed. He dimmed the lights, and I heard the faintest sound of the door locking. He struggled to get the key out, but he managed to do so, placing it somewhere as I heard the sound of metal hitting a wooden surface.

He diverted his attention back to me, and I heard his boots hitting the floor as he took long steps towards me. He wouldn't speak, and nor did I. Not to disturb the silence he was asking from me. I would not speak unless I was spoken to. Grabbing both my wrists with one hand, I felt the touch of rope binding my hands together. The rope was rough, not made from a material we had used previously, and it felt painful against my sensitive skin. The knots he tied were tight, impossible for me to escape from. My skin felt cold even though I was still fully clothed. 

Romeo pushed me onto my back, holding me by my hips and throwing me up further, closer to the headboard. I let out a gasp as I fell back onto the mattress, shivering against the cold covers. I felt weird. Not scared or sad. Weird. Like something was missing. The touch of approval, the constant reassurances, the soft pets or praises... Perhaps it was the coldness of his skin. Romeo was always cold, never warm. The only warmth he provided was with mere words, not through physical barriers or mechanisms. His fingertips were the coldest, and even when he was oozing with rage, his body would remain cold. This time, he had normal body temperature.

I turned my face to the side, listening to the outside. I could hear the party go on, resuming without a doubt or worrya about our absence, the shoes hitting the marble floor, the sound of instruments playing faint tunes, the laughter of guests. Everybody was having a good time, including Romeo, who was buyd tying my wrists to the headboard, making sure not to leave space between my wrists and the wood. I was bound to this bed, at his completely mercy. And for the first time, I did not feel safe.