26

I had never seen Sage act so quiet before. He ate dinner calmly, without looking at any of us. Alex and Romeo were busy chatting while I sat with Sage, keeping him company.  He was focused on his meal, not uttering a single word. It had been half an hour since his punishment was over, and Alex hasn't said a word to him. I couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt in my heart as I watched him. He looked so innocent, something so entirely unlike his character. I didn't know what to say to him. 

I hadn't been able to comfort him much either. I didn't want to break the silence by talking to him. I didn't want to disturb the two dominants either. Besides, I wouldn't have known what to say at that moment. Sage quietly finished the rest of his dinner. He then stood up without speaking to me again, heading towards the stairs until Alex stopped him.

"Sage, would you care to join us?" Sage looked at me while I stood next to him, grabbing his hand and leading him to the living room. We joined our doms together and sat down. I didn't let go of his hand. 

"Baby, come sit with me," Romeo said. I looked at him and shook my head, motioning towards Sage, who seemed very upset. Even Romeo and Alex had stopped talking, both looking at the submissive sitting next to me.

"Sage-" 

"Can you all stop looking at me?" Sage said meekly, curling in on himself even further. He was acting so unlike him that I was very very worried at that stage. Alex stood up, walking towards us and crouching down, trying to get a good look at Sage's face.

"Sage, are you okay? Are you feeling unwell?"

Sage turned away from him, refusing to look at him. He didn't even want to touch him. 

"I'm okay," he whispered, pulling his knees up to his chest.

Alex looked at me, looked at Romeo, then tipped Sage's chin up. Romeo patted his lap, making me quickly go over to him, sitting on his lap. He wrapped his arms securely around my waist, watching the other couple.

"Baby, if there is something wrong you have to tell me. Was the punishment too much? Did ı hurt you?" Sage's bottom lip began to quiver, his face melting into a pool is misery as he quickly looked away, trying to hide the tears beginning to form in his eyes. Alex quickly scooped him up, shushing him and taking him towards the starts, letting Sage wrap his legs around his worst and bury his face in the crook of his neck.

I was happy that they were going to get to the bottom of this by communicating. I heard a door from upstairs close, and I hoped that Sage would be okay. 

"Let's leave, baby. They need some alone time. I'm sorry you couldn't spend that much time with your friend." I was about to agree, but Alex shouted from upstairs, "Don't you dare leave." So we sat back down.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Romeo asked, playing with a curl on my head. I smiled at him sweetly. 

"I am, sir. Thank you." I took the time to study his face. I genuinely thought he was the most beautiful man ı've ever seen. He looked surreal. I didn't understand how someone could be so attractive. And it wasn't only him physically, he as a whole person was the most attractive person I had ever seen. His entire personality, charisma, aura, everything has me drawn to him. And it was too late to back out down. My only hope was that he was also feeling the same way. 

We hadn't discussed our feelings yet. We were still just dom and sub. I think so was Alex and Sage. But we seemed closer than them. Different.

Without thinking, I closed my eyes, leaning in and giving him a kiss. He accepted, thankfully, not pushing me away like I thought he would. I wanted him to feel what I did. I kissed him hard and passionately, letting my feeling flow through the movement of my lips, making sure he understood just how much I wanted him. It wasn't a lust-filled kiss, but it was filled with emotion and longing. I longed for him. I wanted him to be gentle with me, dominant, controlling, possessive,  but also loving, nurturing, and caring. 

Just for a while, I wanted to be something more than just a submissive to him. I wanted to believe that he wanted me just as much as I wanted him. But he was the one pushing me away, little by little, refusing to let me in. I wanted to know so much about him, yet I knew so little. I was not part of his world. But in the end, all I wanted was to be at the center of it. At the center of his world.

I didn't know if that was too much to ask for. Romeo wasn't someone ı could just have this discussion with. I felt like I was on thin ice all of the time. And if he didn't want me in that way, then mentioning my own needs and wants would be the triggering point, the thing that broke the ice completely so that I would fall into the ice-cold water. I didn't want to drown.

I was the one to pull away. Romeo seemed surprised at my sudden confidence.

"Where did that come from?" He asked, smiling softly and cupping my burning cheeks. He gave me a little peck before letting me try to gather the courage to answer.

"Can you just hold me until they come back?" 

Romeo let me hug him, curling into him.

"You asked about my submissives before, didn't you? You know about the one I loved before you. He cheated on me, slept with another man in my own bed. He was the first and only person I've loved."

He took a moment to pause, to let the words sink in. I was shunned honestly. I remembered one of the maids telling me about this after I nosily pressured her into telling me. But at that moment I was too afraid of Romeo's temper to comprehend what was being said to me.

Who would ever give this man up? Who in their right mind? 

"You see, Christopher. I'm fond of you. Very. You have a special place in my heart, separate from the other submissives I've had. But I hope you understand, this is-" 

"Stop." My eyes were filled with tears. My heart had fallen straight to my stomach. It hurt.