25

I felt myself go on my tiptoes when the door opened, rudely interrupting our special moment with Romeo. I subtly glared at Alex, who was the one that opened the door with a large, beaming smile.

"Hey! Come in!" He held the door widely open for us both to invite ourselves in. As I entered the mansion, I was welcome and warm. It was big but cozy and homely, designed to give off a weird yet warm and cuddly vibe. It was a modern house, and the first room I saw was the living room. The floor was made of brown floorboards, and the walls were a soft, creamy beige. There was a fireplace that was giving off the warmth, the fire burning with a brilliant flame. I spotted a head full of blonde hair sitting on the couch, facing away from us.

After taking my shoes off, I looked at Romeo and softly tugged at his sleeve. He looked at me with a firm expression, not happy that I interrupted his conversation with Alex at that moment. With an apologetic expression, I asked him if I could go sit next to Alex.

"I'm sorry, honey. He's on time out right now. That's why he's at the cor-" Alex looked over at his sub, who was most definitely not at the corner. He was relaxing on the couch, looking as if he was debating whether he should turn the TV on and browse through the shows. 

"I'm sorry, excuse me," Alex said, motioning for Romeo to take me away. Romeo took my hand, taking me to the kitchen. My eyes still were fixated on the two, worrying seeping up to my head. I didn't want Sage to get another punishment, especially in front of me. The last thing ı had seen of him was him getting punished, and as much as he was annoying, I hated seeing him in that state. He was a boy who seemed to have strong walls around him, which could only be broken when he was hurt by his dominant. I hoped that Alex could also see that and take care of him. 

Romeo had pulled me to his chest, his arms wrapped around his waist when Sage and Alex came into the kitchen. Sage's face was red, his eyes puffy, making it obvious that he had been crying. I bit my lip seeing him in that situation. When our eyes met, I gave him my kindest smile, trying to making him feel better. Alex also had a red face, but I noticed that it was from anger and not sadness, unlike his submissive. 

"Excuse us. Sage, would you like to say anything to our guests?" I saw Sage wince slightly before looking at us. His eyes landed on me before he began to speak in a tiny, shaky voice.

"I'm sorry for causing a disturbance. It was rude of me." 

Alex nodded, taking his hand and leading him towards the door, "Sage will go into isolation for an hour while we have dinner. Again, I'm so sorry about this. It's so rude of us, I'm so embarrassed. Help yourselves, please." I noticed the way Sage had tensed when his dominant said "isolation." It was the kind of tensing up that made you feel the person's fear. 

I was about to open my mouth, but Sage shook his head, his eyes begging me not to say anything. Still, to this day, I wonder why he silenced me when I was about to point out how scared he seemed and that maybe another punishment was more suitable. Perhaps he was trying to save me from my own punishment that I surely would've landed for myself if I had spoken out and talk to a dominant on how to do his job. 

Romeo took my hand and took me to the dinner table. There were lots of delicious-looking foods prepared. I licked my lips, excited to dig in, Sage completely slipping my mind for a second. When Alex came back, he looked exhausted. He rubbed his forehead as he walked over, a tired smile on his lips.

"I'm sorry, again. Let's eat." 

He sat down next to us, and I took this as a sign to just start eating. 

"It's okay, Alex. I of all people have been your friend for many years. I know how Sage is. Do you use the isolation method often?" He squeezed my hand, making me freeze. He had noticed as well.