"Please don't tell me you're serious about dating a girl." Jisoo's mother asked in disbelief.

"Mother I love Jen-"

"Stop!" She looked away from Jennie. "If you break up with her now I will forgive you and we can forget this ever happened. If you don't you are disowned from our family line for disgracing us and our ancestors."

Jisoo was angry but she knew her mom. Her mom had connections. She wouldn't just disown Jisoo, she would ruin Jennie's life in return for ruining hers. Her mother was a sick person in that sense and Jisoo loved Jennie too much to let anything bad happen to her.

Jennie had just been scouted by a huge entertainment company called SM to be a model. Finally Jennie was getting to achieve her dream but if Jisoo didn't break it off, Jennie's dreams would be ruined.

But is a broken heart better than a broken dream? Sometimes there is a sacrifice that needs to be made and maybe that might just have to be her heart.

"So what is it going to be Kim Jisoo?" Her mother raised an eyebrow. "Your so called love for Jennie or your love for our family?"

This is for Jennie's happiness.

"Family." Jisoo answered in a small voice as her mother smiled, clapping her hands together.

"You made a good choice daughter. Don't ever embarrass me again." Her mother said. "Family above all."

"Family above all." Jisoo repeated, a sour taste on the tip of her tongue as she said it.

"I'll send over someone to get your things from your house so you don't have to see that wretched Jennie girl again."

"I'm going to take a shower." Jisoo mumbled, walking out of her mother's office and upstairs to her bathroom.

As she showered, she let her tears fall, mixing in with the droplets of water that came from the shower head.

"I'm so sorry Jennie." Jisoo whispered. "I hope you can be happy again."