Chapter One: Impulses

(Your name's) P.O.V

I had finally collapsed in my bed, getting situated in this new Academy was hard work but for me enrolling as a late student I suppose had it's perks. I did not have to deal with having a roommate like the other girls, I have this whole room now to myself but taking a look around now makes me feel sort of lonely.

Sitting up from my bed, I stretched, trying to get my blood rushing for my first day- or should I say first night as a Disciplinary Committee member. I had come to this Academy so late infact that I had missed already two weeks of classes, orientation, and getting to meet and greet the students and new fellow classmates. I had also missed class for today and only managed to unpack my things into my room.

Upon earlier from walking into Headmaster Cross' office did I recalled seeing a silver haired boy as I remembered his name being Zero, Zero Kiryu. What a unique name, but what was more intriguing was his last name. The Kiryu last name I recognized immediately, usually all should recognize it upon hearing. I remember in the room there was also a petite brunette girl named Yuki Cross talking with the said Headmaster when I entered. Hearing their conversation about the girl's now surprising early dropping grades because of the said Committee- I dared step in to help.

"Oh one moment dear, it'll just be a second." The Headmaster said to me as he then turned towards the brunette girl. "Now Yuki, I must give you atleast a formal warning from the Professor, he has told me to alert you of your already rapid dropping grades. You have already failed two tests and failing a third will result in after class study that will also result in Zero doing night patrols by himself. I do not want to give you a hard time as well but you must try to find a balance between working as a Disciplinary Committee Member and being a student. If you can't Yuki you'll have to take perhaps a semester break to recuperate your strength and-"

"N-no no Headmaster Cross, I can do it I promise! I really don't want to pile this all on Zero and I also want to stay a Disciplinary Committee Member! I'll work even harder, I swear it!" The girl said with determination in her light voice. She held up a fist, taking a stance of encouragement towards herself as the silver haired boy next to her then spoke.

"Yuki, if you need help with your classes I can help tutor you, it is only if you can't handle it which you obviously can't." He spoke lowly as I looked back and forth between them.

I was a few steps away by the door, holding my luggage and my finished enrollment paper work, I stood quietly letting their discussion take place. I don't mean to also pry on their problems, but it kind've makes me feel bad for those two since I guess they are the only members of their Committee upon guessing in their discussion of him doing patrols alone.

Are they like...hall monitors or something?

Hm, maybe I can help though. This could be a good way to make friends I suppose.

I am aware this school is a vampire and human mix of students. My familial background made me aware of the hidden world around me and that is partly why I was able to agree to attend this certain Academy. That reason and also because my friend also goes here. I hope to see him soon as well.

"Well that is all I had to discuss with you both for-" I then cleared my throat interrupting Headmaster Cross' words.

"I am so sorry for the interruption, but I just wanted to say that if you wouldn't mind having me, I would love to be apart of the Disciplinary Committee if you both are in need of the extra help around campus that is. I am or will be a new student here and I also think it will be a good way to make friends. I don't mind helping out if you need it- is it Yuki?" I asked her for her name as she then turned to me suddenly hearing my words. The silver haired boy also looked back to me as Headmaster Cross kept his gaze locked on my eyes obviously entranced with his thoughts and my sudden impulsive suggestion.