"You're A Close Second."

It was just Sophie and Fitz. It was like nobody else was there as they kissed.

"I love you," Fitz whispered in her hair.

"I love you the most," Sophie said back to him.

"Stop. No you don't," Fitz teased, nuzzling her cheek.

Sophie smiled.

This was amazing. They finally admitted their love fore each other and it was perfect. It was so much better than she thought it would be.

"I love you so, so much, Sophie. I promise I won't let anything happen to you, if I can help it."

The door of Elwin's office opened and Fitz practically jumped out of the bed that was meant for Sophie. Bianca, Tam, Edaline, Grady, Della, Alden, and Elwin all walked in. Al of the girls were crying, clinging on to their husbands or boyfriends for support. Elwin's eyes were even damp.

"That... that was beautiful, Fitz," Biana cried. 

"Fitz," Grady said seriously. "Take her. Take my daughter. If you asked for marriage, I would happily grant it to you right here and now. As long as what you said about my daughter, did you really mean it?"

"Of course, Grady. I meant it with everything in me."

Both Sophie and Fitz were as red as a tomato. Everyone has watched and listened to them proclaim their love and make out for the past couple minutes. Two words:

Utterly

Embarrassing.

Ugh. 

There was an awkward silence between everyone. Everyone who had walked in were watching Sophie and Fitz like they were a romance movie and Sophie and Fitz were silently staring at the floor.

Eventually, Elwin suggested he take a look at Sophie.

"She looks healthy. Sophie, you are free to go."

Everyone was happy and they all lightleaped to their houses, Fitz coming with Sophie to her room. 

"Fitz, you have no idea how worried I was. I... I couldn't live with myself if you didn't wake up."

"Shh. It's okay, it's all okay."

————— Fitz's POV —————

I didn't know what to do. Sophie was getting worked up again and blaming herself. I didn't know how to calm her down, so I did the only thing I knew how to do: I kissed her.

I loved her and I needed to show her that.

I brought her face to mine and kissed her with everything in me. Every good emotion or memory I channeled into the kiss. Her arms wrapped around my neck bringing her small frame impossibly closer to me. I loved the way our bodies formed and shaped together, like we were meant to be.

I kept one hand on her lower back and the other one was helplessly lost in her hair. Don't even get me started on her gorgeous, golden, silky hair.

I could feel myself becoming weaker by the second. She did things to me. Crazy, I believe, unexplainable things. My knees became weak and my body was going numb. I set Sophie down in her bed and lay next to her. Luckily, she didn't notice how much she had affected me.

"I am so sorry about Keefe. I went to thank him for something... and it just sort of happened," Sophie whispered.

Thank him? What for? I could a quick fish of jealousy rush through me.