Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

Both of you were out of line’ Edward outlined after a couple of seconds of awkward silence. ‘You should get into the sleeping bag…Alice said it’s going to be a bit windy through the night’

‘Are you staying here?’ I asked.

Edward smirked. ‘Where else would I want to be?’

I smiled and scrambled into the sleeping back as the first set of wind knocked the tent…

…An Hour Later…

I was freezing; all Edward could do was sit there and watch me freeze. I gritted my teeth together to refrain my teeth from chattering wildly, my body shook with intense shivers as I fought against the cold. Edward looked like he was being held at gun point or something.

‘I should have chosen a site lower down’ Edward said, clenching his fists as my body shook again.

‘N-n-no, its f-f-fine’ I allowed my teeth to shake a bit. ‘I’m okay.’

‘What can I do?’ Edward demanded sounding and probably feeling helpless and defeated.

As if on cue, Jacob stepped into the tent. ‘I can’t sleep with all that teeth chattering going on.’ I breathed out and in again. Jacob looked at me, his face blank; Edward had the same look on his face.

‘Forget it’ Edward snapped.

Jacob scoffed. ‘She may need her toes someday. And let’s face it…I’m hotter than you’ Jacob finished that line with a smirk and was about to make his way over to me when Edward grabbed his right shoulder…Not another fight!

'Get, your hand off me’ Jacob snarled, his voice shaking with anger.

‘Get your hands off her!’ Edward retorted.

I let my teeth chatter some more and my body shiver a few times before blurting out. ‘Don’t fight.’

Jacob looked at me and shrugged. ‘She gets sick, it’s on you.’ Edward looked at me, then at Jacob…probably weighing the chances of me changing my mind. Edward returned to his normal position in the corner of the tent.

I moved over as Jacob wrestled his way into the sleeping bag, I hugged his body, shivering a bit as the huge temperature difference overwhelmed me.

‘Wow! You’re freezing Bella. Relax; you’ll warm up soon’ Jacob gasped, probably feeling the coldness of my body before muttering ‘Faster if you took your clothes off’

I rolled my eyes, Jacob’s still the same. ‘Jake…’ he’s obviously trying to tease Edward who was sitting in the corner of the tent watching…he must feel like a loser right now but he knows he’s a winner, I gave him a reassuring smile and he returned it.

‘Survival one on one’ Jacob muttered, after I’d warmed up and fallen asleep, I wasn’t deep in sleep so I could hear parts of the conversation. There was some huffing and sighing, often mutters but no conversation, I considered falling into the deep sleep but the conversation started.

‘Can you at least attempt to control your thoughts?’ Edward hissed, in a bitter tone.

Jacob chuckled. ‘I really get under that ice cold skin of yours, don’t I? What? Are you doubting her feelings for you?’ Jacob paused, if only I could open my eyes to see what Edward’s doing. ‘…Nice, so picking through my brain’s okay. But, letting me read yours…forget it. Look, I know she’s in love with you’

Oh, good.’ Edward sneered, sounding defensive like he’s trying not to let Jacob get to him.

‘I’m happy that she’s finally back to normal…you know after all that’ Jacob sighed.