"Let start right away, shall we?!" Midnight announced, ceasing the incoming argument from the two students.

The people in the stands roared in excitement again, their patience started to run thin, but with the announcement of the first event, the atmosphere was lively and explosive. Cheers and chants had commenced as the R-Rated female hero raised her arm the the air, a hologram appearing in the form of a TV screen behind her-the actual monitors around the stadium mimicking the same picture for all to see.

The words OBSTACLE RACE were large and blatant, the group of teenagers already talking about what would happen and what their strategies would be.

The rules were set in stone: run around the outer circumference on the stadium and avoid the obstacles thrown to slow people down. The length was four kilometers long, or about two and a half miles in imperial measures. Quirk use is allowed in all forms, as long as one stays on course and doesn't take shortcuts, freedom is key and celebrated.

Y/N immediately loved this rule, the allowance of movement and use of her fire could spell her a top ranked position in the race.

As the group of two hundred and twenty students turned to line themselves up to the large red gate that was off to the side, Y/N realized that if she would pass into the second round, she would need to be in the top forty-two finishers, aka the upper nineteen percent of racers.

For the majority of her life, Y/N was confident in the power of her quirk, having someone with the same quirk train her for a large majority of her youth-but now her mentor was gone. With that, her confidence started to fade and doubts started to grow, attaching themselves into her subconscious since that fateful day.

"Hidaka!" A voice announces as the young pupil stopped beside Shouji and turned to face the direction where her name was called. Reacting quickly, Y/N caught the piece of fabric that was tossed at her by Midnight. "You are required to wear that durning the tournament for the safety of your fellow students, it was recommended by Aizawa."

Looking at the black fabric, Y/N held it in front of her, realizing what it was. It was a fucking ski mask. With incredulous eyes and her heart seething in rage, the girl turned her attention towards the commentators box in the upper stands of the stadium. Her animosity for her teacher grew more by the day she spent in his class, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back. Biting her bottom lip so hard that it almost drew blood, Y/N reluctantly slid her hair back and away from her face before she slipped the mask over her head.

It was a dark, thick cotton material that already made Y/N stuffy before she even started moving. Wrapping around her entire face, all of her hair was covered and the only opening in the mask was the cutout around her eyes. Both her mouth and nose were covered, her skin already feeling the perspiration of her hot breath against the tight fabric.

To say that she was livid would be an understatement, she was enraged. Incensed. Frantic. Indignant. Her arms and legs felt itchy, her blood boiling so hot that it would melt to the core of the earth. Her heart throbbed in her chest nonviolently, but loud, making noise and static in her ears and her skin started to steam from underneath her bandaged arms. Her esophagus tickled with heat as it wanted more than anything to erupt and scald whoever was responsible for putting her in this position, and it was none other than Aizawa Shouta.

"You seem very perturbed, Hidaka, but we're about to start and I recommend you take out your anger on the course and not our teacher." Mezou advised as he saw the smoke drifting off of her skin.

The dark and smokey gas stopped spewing from her arms and Y/N turned towards her friend with the frightening stature. "You're right, thanks, Shouji."