⟶ LEPTIR

『 Chapter 38 』

Chapter 38

[ i had a dream that i prematurely posted this chapter before it was finished and istg i went into cardiac arrest when i woke up to check that i didn't. also, i kinda want to make a tiktok account to promote this book and tease at updates. should i? btw if you talk about this book on tiktok i'll kiss you on the mouth /th. ]

⤐ ♤ « 〚♞〛 » ♤ ⬷

There wasn't really much left to do.

Y/N has been working diligently for a little over an hour now; the whole thing is a long process. She's moving left and right, eyes on patrol and scuttling to something new that requires her attention every few seconds. Her hands move separately from the rest of her body, the built-in instincts and muscle memory she's developed help keep her on top of everything. She doesn't waver even once.

The large and rectangular area of the dorms had tables, couches, televisions, and doors to the courtyard, elevators, laundry, and communal bathrooms. Where Hidaka finds herself, however, is behind a little turn around a corner to a smaller, more closed off section of the commons. In this little area of the common floor is where she is the most alone (sometimes being alone isn't a bad thing).

She's surprised no one has found her at all; but, then again, this was the first night in the dorms. Y/N's classmates are excited, rushing across the floors and laughing with their closest friends. They, consequently, are distracted, so much was going on in their heads it was impossible for them to see every part of the world around them. In all honesty, she couldn't really blame them for not checking the kitchen.

It is a large kitchen. One with two ovens, two refrigerators, tens of cabinets, acres of counter space, and the largest kitchen island she's ever seen. This was all shoved away, however, in the corner of the communal floor, around a wall, closed off. Y/N has a small hope that someone will turn the corner and ask her about her day, but she knows no one will. That's fine, though. It's not their job to check in with her.

Estimating the amount of food that needs to be prepared, Y/N has more prep work than she'd like to admit. Yakisoba isn't necessarily a hard dish to create, but there is a lot of small steps that are slightly time consuming. Just cutting enough vegetables and pork loin for twenty ravenous teenagers took, well, too long. Creating her family's secret sauce would make her friends appreciate the work she put into it, however.

Did Y/N tell her classmates she is doing this? Not yet, but they would be happy when they found out (she assumes they will be, at least, every teenager appreciates good food). She is hoping that with all the specifics of setting up their rooms that they hadn't eaten yet, because if they did, there would be a lot of food going to waste (maybe then, after she gave them the food, they would ask her about her day, ask her how she's doing).