⟶ SARE

『 Chapter 39 』

Chapter 39

[ long time no see :)

make sure you all read the summary/glossary chapter that's after this!

it'll help jog your memory and give you some new information ;) ]

⤐ ♤ « 〚♞〛 » ♤ ⬷

The bus ride to the Provisional License Exam wasn't nearly as fun as the ride to the summer camp. That wasn't surprising, though, knowing the destination this bus was taking them. The class had been training for this day for weeks: creating super moves, perfecting their combat styles, and refining themselves in every way. To say that they are stressed is an understatement-the importance of this day can not be more evident.

Today is the day so many areas in Japan are hosting Provisional License exams (as the official testing dates were only permitted two days of every year). National Dagoba Arena, the place where 1-A is designated to go, is far away. It is located in the middle of the country, someplace accessible and unbiased in relation to other schools, so more people could be attempting to get their hero licenses.

Getting out of the bus feels like the best thing in the world. The September winds bring the lungs the relief they were begging for. Joints crack, bones pop, and muscles stretch as the twenty teenagers load out of the vehicle-each one holding their metal briefcase with their hero costume in it.

It is a little awkward, Y/N admits, standing there in the open at the bottom of the steps into the arena while also being in a large group with her entire class. They are all wearing their school uniforms (and Y/N is also sporting her white undershirt, dark leggings, and white gloves as usual). And, just by wearing that, class 1-A draws in the attention of nearly everyone around them.

"Ah, I forgot...UA kids are somewhat mini-celebrities," Denki says, his head on a swivel to see that nearly everyone is staring at him and his friends.

"No, we're future celebrities!" Mina corrects, a smile bright on her face. "We're not just half-famous, we're all gonna be fully-famous!"

Y/N doesn't like the obsession the world has for Yuuei, or even the contempt others have for it. It's simply a hero highschool in Japan, and there are thousands like it. She doesn't understand why going to a slightly more well-known school makes her a 'celebrity.' I mean, those who go to Harvard in the US aren't celebrities. Why is Yuuei so different?

Before her thoughts can tread off any further, Aizawa starts giving some sort of pep-talk to the group. He says something to do with...chicks? Eggs? Growing into...something? Probably chickens. What else do chicks grow into?