⟶ NALET

『 Chapter 13 』

Chapter 13

⤐ ♤ « 〚♞〛 » ♤ ⬷

As if rallied into a single tracked mind, the crowd burst into explosions and detonated their praise and roars in gratitude. The abysmal atmosphere of hatred and jealousy that Bakugou had called upon was washed away in an instant as Y/N lathered her mind and being in the applause and recognition. The world now happy that this singular student had shown that not all 1-A heroics pupils are arrogant assholes with too much confidence in themselves.

With a delayed sigh, the classmates of the two pledgers thought that they were out of the creek when the other classes looked at the power female in thankfulness and determination.

As she walked down the steps and back over to her spot by Shouji Mezou, Y/N's head snapped to her left, her gaze wiggling its way through the plethora of students who looked at her in a silent awe.

Shinsou Hitoshi stared at his heroic friend, but it wasn't in surprise or thankfulness, but something else, something misplaced for an honorable event like the Sports Festival.

Katsuki, slightly aggravated and flared up at the praise and attention that the girl was getting, noticed this shared gaze between the General Studies kid and his own peer. His perceptive stare and calculating eyes dissected their facial expressions.

Both Y/N and Hitoshi held a smirk of malice and sin, their faces mirroring each other with a shared knowledge that was unknown the the rest of the eleven classes and the spectators. Their eyes held power, manipulation, and deception, as if they had pulled the wool over the gaze of the world.

Turning away from her friend, Y/N saw Bakugou facing her, his snarling face directed at her figure. With her evil smile and her eyes slanted like a feline, the girl muttered a wicked but sincere "Thanks," before dropping her malevolent expression as if she never wore it in the first place.

Her words only set off the blond even more. The way she switched herself into a different state of mind in less then a second was scarily deceptive. (Eye color) eyes once held ferocity and honesty in the speech she gave then turned into dynamic conviction in her true pledge, after that, they displayed corruption and deviousness, finally becoming blank and empty as her aloof frown was currently recognizable. This change brought upon by nothing other than sheer will and practice. The dishonesty in her posture and personality seemed all over the place, and god knows that Katsuki can't stand deceitful people, they reminded him of villains.

"What the fuck do you mean by thanks, Pop-Rocks?" The explosive boy snapped, his voice loud and drawing the attention of his classmates. "I didn't do anything for you, shitface!"

"You did everything and then some, Boom-Bitch," Y/N retorted, her blank frown curling up in amusement, but then back down in irritation, "and where the fuck did Pop-Rocks come from?"