⟶ SONDKIRIN

『 Chapter 12 』

Chapter 12

⤐ ♤ « 〚♞〛 » ♤ ⬷

The day of the sports festival was here.

The conglomeration of practice and stress and determination and studying and preparedness and effort...it was finally here. The end all be all of the young lives of all students the school of Yuuei Hero Academy. An event where the tension was high and nothing could ever break through it other than the cataclysmic destruction of an adversary, the screaming of the crowd beckoning in applause that they love the action show in front of them, the barbaric ways the human race had suppressed for so long.

For one to say that the sports festival is an average school event is completely misleading and honestly down right deceptive. No other high school nor hero academy has an event quite like this one. The bout is unique in style and in presentation, original and special for every person who attends or watches the festival.

The tournament is treated as highly as the Olympics, which have been done since the ancient Greeks of early philosophical civilizations. To even take part in this spectacle is a once in a lifetime opportunity. So one must not squander their chance.

The Yuuei festival is also under strict supervision and conspiracy as the contest is seen by some as an unsophisticated event where the truth behind human nature and the depths of what humanity is defined as is brought out.

While the event itself may seem harmless and lighthearted to average spectators, the true skeptics can pick the tournament apart piece by piece into boorish and simplistic events that are only used to bring publicity towards the heroic lifestyle-effectively manipulating the lives of youth into the career defined by danger.

No matter one's political stand on the situation, practically everyone can agree that the matches that take place create shockwaves through the world and community in Japan, showing off and flaunting young students as if they were merchandise to give to hero agencies for internships. It may seem immoral and vain, but the students themselves-for the most part-would disagree and say that the attention is helpful and healthy for the future careers of the next generation of superheroes.

The eleven waiting rooms were littered inside the monstrous oval stadium, each room defended by a simplistic door with a shade of weathered blue, its stature not competing with the sheer mass of the regular classroom doors held in the main building.

Next to each door held a sign that displayed the class year and specific department of students that the waiting facility held. The placard was simple, designed in an alabaster color with lackluster words the color of ink.

Given the restraint of character or any effort put into the signs, the ambience giving off was bleak. The designation by class should seem more genuine, expressive, truthful, or meaningful, but these plain old signs gave off nothing but the intention of division and disunion between the class of the first year Yuuei students; this was displayed firsthand when the classes had swarmed the primary hero course in attempts of either intimidation or surveying their peers.