Careless Whisper, PT 1

Start from the beginning

"Can I have a back massage?" He asked. The receptionist wrote something down on a small piece of paper.

"If you've had a rough day. We can have this massage take place in the sauna, to help the benefits. The first time is free, but adds half the price any following times." The receptionist told him. Subaru nodded.

"Yeah, I'd like that." He said, as the receptionist smiled.

"And what's your name sir?" She asked.

"It's Natsuki Subaru."

"So, What you've figured out so far is that you can write down a person's name, and a feeling, which that person will then feel?" You asked Scarlet, as Ram watched in a mix of interest and confusion. Scarlet nodded, lifting her stand's stylus. She brought it down onto the tablet, and the stone that made it up seemed to just disappear as she wrote, effectively carving the words in stone:

  Y/n
Sluggish

  As soon as you read it, the words disappeared, and for all the sleep you got last night, you may as well have tried staying up while chugging decaf coffee.

  "Damn..." you nodded, as Scarlet wrote something down, and your energy soon started to come back.

  "Yeah, I see how that works. It's a good stand if you can keep yourself quiet, so people don't know that it's you using it." You told her. Scarlet shrugged.

  "Or I could write 'forgetful?" She asked. You nodded.

  "Or that. You never know." Scarlet sighed.

  "So, is there much I can do with it?" She asked. You got up, holding a hand out to Ram to help her up.

  "We'll find out in a bit. Just don't do anything to Ram."

  "Mister Subaru?" Subaru looked up from a waiting room bench to find a rather attractive grown woman in front of him, standing by a door.

  "If you could come this way, we have your appointment ready." The woman told him. Subaru got up, following the woman through the doorway.

  A hallway branched off into four hallways, labeled 'Massage Therapy,' 'Hot Springs,' 'Meditation,' and 'Sauna,' the fourth and last of which Subaru was brought through. In it, a pink smoke wafted through the hallways, coming from several sticks of burning incense.

  "The sauna is designed to relax the body, and allow comfort. We also relax the mind by burning incense, with a scent made to help one relax, like closing your eyes and thinking back to a time when life was better." The woman told Subaru, who nodded.

  "Makes sense." He agreed. He was brought into a room, with a stone plate above the door, the number '3' carved into it, revealing the wood of the wall behind it.

  The room itself had steam coming from several different vents in the floor. The floor itself was hot, with a thin layer of water that his shoes kicked up with each step. In the center of the room was a table, with a smaller table just left of it, with a thin blanket on it.

  "I will return here momentarily. Your clothes will only hinder the massage, so it is best you remove them, and use the blanket to cover your privates as you lay down on the table, torso down. Until I return, do please make yourself comfortable." As the door shut behind the leaving woman, Subaru looked at the ground, then the table. With a sigh, he began to strip.

  "Scarlet? How did you get your stand?" Came the obvious question from Ram. Scarlet sighed, as all three of you walked out of the inn, onto the street, Far From Home in Scarlet's hand.

  "I.... I don't know. It's foggy. I met this little boy, and when I tried to speak to him, I felt something stab my neck, and when I woke up, everyone around me was mad. I lost my job at a fruit stall, and after a few hours of trying to get out, I was pushed into your wagon." She told her tale as you nodded.

  Joseph mentioned a kid stabbing him, and him waking up with a stand. But Joseph was paid. Scarlet was just let loose.

You went over what you knew, before sighing.

"Either way, we're here to stop whoever this kid is, and unless he's the one giving orders, the one he works for." You told Scarlet. She nodded, tears forming in her eyes.

"I'll help you. This kid, he has to have a stand. Whatever it is, it's got to have this arrow you keep talking about. It was terrifying for me to get Far From Home, and to see everyone I knew suddenly change, I'm lucky it didn't get worse where I met you." She said, holding the tablet to her chest.

Worse? Did that have an epicenter?

"Either way, we're here to see if that stand can affect other people, no?" Ram asked. Scarlet nodded, hefting her stand.

"Yeah, Yeah. I have an idea of how I can affect others, but it'll be like that mass wave. Uncontrolled until I cancel it." She said. You nodded.

"Do it, and see if you can cancel it for certain people."

Subaru lay, face down, the blanket wrapped around his waist, as the door opened again. Some pink smoke flew in, before the door shut, and a familiar voice behind him spoke up.

"Give me a moment, and your massage will begin, Mister Subaru." Subaru nodded.

"That's Alright. You take as much time as you need." He told her. He earned an approving giggle as soft hands pressed themselves against his back.

"Well, while we go, how was your day, Mister Subaru?" The woman asked. Subaru sighed, taking in deep breaths. The pink smoke around him seemed to thicken.

"It was all coming here, that's all." He said, taking in another breath. That incense smelled....nice....

"So How was yesterday?" She countered. Subaru lifted his head, looking around. The incense was in the hallway, and the door was closed. Why was the smoke so pink in here?

The woman pressed on Subaru's head, and he relaxed it again. His mind was going blank, faced with the soft hand of this massage. It felt so nice. And the smoke from the incense smelled so nice.

"Yesterday was stressful." Subaru told the woman massaging him.

"I see. Your muscles are very tense, so I am not surprised. Tell me all about it. I want to hear...." if the ambiance in the room hadn't been so nice, he would've shivered as the last word was whispered into his ear.

"....everything."

If you haven't read the message on my profile, I am thinking of starting another book. If this does end up happening, it may slow down the production of chapters for this story, but not stop it. I just want to let you all know in case it does happen, and people begin asking for more updates. Thank you for understanding, and have a great day!

~ASnazzyGuy

~1817 Words