Take 2

"Don't move." Ram instructed you, wiping your forehead off with the cold towel. You could feel the towel grow warm with contact, and Ram felt it too. She sighed as she placed the towel in the bucket.

"Excuse me, but could you move? You're blocking the sunlight." You asked. Ram paused, looking from the window to you. She lifted the bucket of water, moving it to the other side of the bed, where she dipped the cloth in the water.

"Would you like me to open the window?" Ram asked. You nodded.

"That would be nice, thank you." You stated. Ram walked to the window, pushing the window open. As the breeze hit you, along with the unimpeded sunlight hit you, your breathing became stable, and you summoned Fall Out Boy, who stood at the window. Ram resumed her work, wiping off your forehead.

"You don't need to do that." You told her. Ram shook her head.

"I was instructed to check on you while everyone ate breakfast. I am doing this on and order." As she pulled back the towel, she noticed how cold it still was. She pressed the back of her hand against your forehead.

"Your temperature's significantly improving." She pointed out, putting the towel in the bucket, and putting that on the ground.

"Does it have something to do with the sunlight?" She questioned. You didn't answer, and she seemed to drop it.

"If you feel fine, I will let you change and join the others in the dining hall." Ram addressed you with some sort of strange authority you didn't understand. You nodded.

"I would appreciate that." You stated. The plain sunlight was recharging Fall Out Boy much quicker than the sunlight coming through the glass, and you could feel your head clearing up. Ram placed your clothes, folded neatly on a pile, onto your bed, and walked out of the room.

"I'll wait for you to finish." She stated, shutting the door. You sighed as you put on your clothes. You couldn't think of anything you did that would kill you, but Subaru.... he cut himself several times, maybe one of the tools had something on it, and he died from it? He also got bit by a dog, but if that killed him, it would probably have hurt enough for Subaru to be suspicious.

You finished getting dressed, slipping on the hoodie, tugging on the ends to make sure it looked somewhat decent. You shook your head, to clear your thoughts, and recalled Fall Out Boy. Rem stood to your right when you opened the door, and she started walking off as soon as she saw you.

"Come with me." She said, walking towards the dining hall. You followed close behind, wanting answers.

"Roswaal~Sama, our guest has been feeling better, so I brought him here." Ram said as she walked to Roswaal's right. Roswaal clapped upon seeing you.

"Splendid! I hear your name is Y/n?" He asked. You nodded, walking to sit by Subaru.

"Well, Y/n, you made a very speedy recovery." He pointed out. Before you could answer, Ram leaned in and whispered something in his ear, to which he strokes his chin.

"Is that so? Hm... I'll need to question him on that later." Roswaal mused, before looking to you.

"Well, as I was about to say, Subaru, Y/n, you saved the life of Miss Emilia, so I will offer you a reward. Tell me, what do you want?" He asked. You answered first this time.

"May I stay here? As a guest?" You asked. Subaru looked at you, curious. You shot him a 'not now' look, as Subaru stood up to make his request.

"Well, there is only one thing I want!" He stated, pointing at Roswaal.