The Royal Selection, PT 2

"Felt?" Subaru asked, under his breath. To be fair, you were equally surprised.

  "....present the fifth and final candidate for the Royal Selection, Felt~Sama." Reinhard finished the sentence he had been in the middle of last chapter. Felt walked down the carpet, stopping to face Reinhard.

"Reinhard..." She spoke, lifting her dress to reveal her feet.

"....you Bastard!" She raised her leg to deliver a blindly fast kick to Reinhard's face, which he caught with his foot just as fast. Considering Felt's position, you used Fall Out Boy's hand to discreetly cover your eyes.

"Felt~Sama, I apologize. Is the dress not to your liking? Does it embarrass you?" Reinhard asked. Felt growled, putting her foot down.

"Don't you just block my kick like it was nothing! Don't even act like it it's the dress, or me being uncomfortable! You just kidnapped me and brought me in front of a bunch of strangers!" She yelled out. You couldn't help but lightly chuckle at the argument. Felt must've heard you, as she turned towards you.

"And what are you doing here?" She asked. You didn't answer, as Felt raised her foot for another kick. You sighed in disappointment as you held up a fist, using the wrist to stop the kick. Felt scoffed.

"Nice to see you haven't gotten any worse." She spoke, as if she had trained you or was even equal to you in combat ability. Considering the fact that your stand turned you from average person to capable of taking on anyone without one, you weren't sure Felt could take you on for more than a few minutes.

"Reinhard, why have you chosen to stand behind this girl?" One of the wise men asked. Reinhard lowered himself to a knee, placing his sheathed sword on the ground.

"You see...." he placed a small metal object in Felt's hand. To everyone's amazement, the red gem in the center started to glow, letting off a similarly red light.

"The dragon recognizes Felt~Sama as a priestess." Reinhard spoke. The wise men began muttering among themselves.

  "And where did you find this girl?" One of them asked. Reinhard stood slowly, in respect as he answered.

  "I took custody of her about a month ago, in the slums." The effect of this was a tad lighter than you expected, but still surprising.

  "She's a gutter rat from the slums!?" One of the men from the crowd to your right shouted out. Felt sneered.

  "Well sorry for being a gutter rat! You guys are the ones who dragged me here against my will!" She snarled. Priscilla smiled, hiding it behind her fan.

"Well, all of this tedious blabbering is growing quite tiring. I suppose you lived as a gutter rat because you could only hold such wretched conversation?" She asked tauntingly. Felt faced her, accepting the challenge.

"Oh? If you want a fight, you have one..." She spoke, sneering at Priscilla. Priscilla's smile grew as she responded.

"What insolence. Who do you think I am?" As you watched, she raised her fan, and cinders appeared around it. As she brought the fan down, supposedly to attack Felt, she was met with Reinhard's head, immediately stopping her. In front of Felt stood Emilia, defending her.

"Many pardons, Priscilla~Sama." He spoke, as Emilia yelled out.

"What are thinking, doing that in a hallowed place like this?" Priscilla folded her fan, looking away.

"I was only trying to teach an untrained bitch her place." She smiled as Emilia stepped forward.

"You won't even apologize!?" Priscilla looked at Emilia from the corner of her eye.