The Great White Whale

Post-writing note: I do not like how this chapter came out, but at the same time, I have no idea how I can fix it. If you want to, you are more than welcome to skip this chapter, as it contains nothing important to the plot of this story in particular. It goes almost exactly the same as the anime. 

Behind you, several cannons fired, sending large bolts of magic flying towards the whale, all of which blew up on impact. You smirked, hearing the screech of the whale.

  "Y/n! They're firing the night banisher! Cover your eyes!" Rem shouted from her position with Subaru. You rolled your eyes, using Fall Out Boy's hand to mask your eyes.

  You did not regret this, as by the tree, what appeared to be a massive firework shot into the sky. When it sailed well above the whale, it detonated, and false sunlight shone on you. Fall Out Boy fully materialized behind you, beginning to absorb energy from this. It was much weaker than legitimate sunlight, but it worked for you.

  The whale's eye looked around, before the pupil dilated and shrunk, before it opened it's mouth, letting out a screech loud enough to generate a shockwave. When this shockwave hit the ground, it kicked up a huge cloud of dust, forcing you to cover your eyes.

When the cloud dispersed as fast as it arrived, you looked ahead to see the whale, flailing around as if in frustration, allowing you to get a full view of the beast in all its might.

Almost pure white, the only splotches of color it held was a blood red membrane in its fins, and its yellow eyes. Above it was some kind of glowing pink ring.

Ahead of you, Subaru and Rem charged in. Seeing no choice, you followed them, at an equal pace. As the two of you passed under the whale, it locked on to Subaru, and twisted its head, starting to go after him. Big mistake.

As it flew after Subaru at amazing speeds, a green flash of light flew through the air, slicing the whale's head, causing it to recoil. The whale screeched, twisting its head around as blood poured out of the wound, only for another wave of blasts from the cannons to hit it. Volley after volley flew at the whale, not giving it time to recover.

When the fire finally ended, the whale opened its eyes again, charging at the army behind you.

"Disperse!" Came the order, as the group split up, giving the whale no clear target.

From the retreating group, a red dragon charged towards the whale, carrying none other than Wilhelm, who leapt off to face the whale. He spoke Words you couldn't make out as he faced the charging whale. At the last second, he leapt, landing on the whale.

You couldn't see what he was doing, but blood sprayed off the whale, indicating that something was being done right. The whale flew up, bucking as blood sprayed off, in clear lines. Eventually, to your surprise, you saw Wilhelm fall, possibly jump off the whale, falling, only to be caught by his ground dragon, in time to escape the jaws of the whale.

At the same time, Ricardo leapt up, on his riger, slicing art the whale's teeth. Time after time, soldiers leapt up, casting spells or slashing at the whale with blades, before retreating. As the last of them fell, another green slash flew at the whale, staggering it with a massive slash to the side.

Promptly, a massive wave of fire flew at the same side, arcing, before detonating on it's side. You pumped your fist, watching it.

"Yeah!" You shouted out, chuckling. Fall Out Boy's energy gathering started to show, as it started to visibly glow from the radiation gathered from the heat and false sun. The hazmat symbols on it's hands started to turn as it gathered more energy.

Despite all your vigor, you couldn't be surprised when the whale didn't lose altitude. You saw Ricardo say something to Subaru, something about strongest attacks and grounding. Seems like they went all out straightaway.