“W-what?”

“It’s true. A year ago today I fell down a portal that brought me here after being chased by the girl who bullied me all my life, I was on a college trip to Japan when it happened. I lied to save my skin, to hide the truth from demons or anyone who could use all the information I know. I know everything there is to know about Dante Sparda…” I turned my back on them again, stepping forward with my hands on my hips as I spoke, everything felt lifted off my shoulders as I just spoke. Patty and Lady were both grinning as Morrison just stared at me in complete disbelief to my words. I turned back at that, feeling like there was a huge, cool explosion behind me even though there wasn’t. “My name is Masumi Shinhoshi, I’m your resident Devil May Cry expert. Would you like me to finish or would you like an explanation to my title?”

You know those moments when you want to shout ‘like a boss!’ about something? I wanted it to shout it right now as Nina looked up at me, I was ready for the finale. It was just about to begin; I drew Nereid and Atalanta, holding them in my gloved hands tightly before speaking again.

“Nina Lowell, you had the pendant that could break the seal on Abigail… You had no choice but to run and hope to save your precious daughter for ten years because you knew, even if you tried to destroy the pendant, all it would do was break the seal on Abigail’s powers.”

“Either way… It’s all over! The seal on the pendant has already been broken; with Abigail’s powers on his side no one can stop him… Because I’m afraid that Alan Lowell is no longer in this world, walking amongst the living.”

“But what about Dante!” Patty suddenly yelped making me glance at her with a worried expression on my lips. He was going to be fine, I knew he was, I knew he was fine.

“It’s impossible! No matter how strong he may be, there’s no way he could survive Abigail’s power!”

At that moment, the blue light vanished. A loud crash sent two metal doors hurtling down to the ground at a dangerous speed, a little boy didn’t move as Patty yelled at him to move as one of the doors sped towards him.

“WATCH OUT!”

Out of nowhere, a spark of lightning bashed it out of the way; we all glanced out to see the owner walking up to us all. People starting to scream and run away from the hotel in pure fear now knowing that the finale was truly starting to begin in front of us all. I licked my lips in excitement as Trish stepped over, her heeled boots making a clacking sound on the concrete paves below our feet. The lightning demon sparked with her own electricity for a brief moment, I nodded to her with a smile as she kept the sunglasses and leather jacket on, a polite nod back was the response from the demon.

“Hurry up and get going. Get your ass in gear and get the Hell out.”

“There’s no point in running away…”

A smirk grew on my lips when a large bang came from the roof of the hotel, debris hurtling down at all of the guests at the bottom of the courtyard, most of them running out of the way when he finally showed his face. I stepped forward slightly before grinning at Lady, this was going to be one hell of a party!

“He won’t be stopped now! No one can stop him!”

“Looks like he’s shown himself”

And there he was in the moon’s shadow. Abigail or should I say, Sid, was crouched on the roof of the hotel, having grown to about a hundred times his size and getting a whole lot uglier too. The stronger they were, the uglier they got. His body was a mass of rough, yellow hide scales with red veins running all over his disgusting body while his wings were drawn proudly. He laughed manically as he held a spire from the hotel in his hand, Lady stepping forward with me, as did Patty.