Chapter 17

Isaac’s point of view

A demon! A DEMON! It snarled loudly at me, brandishing its scythe at me. I screamed, forcing myself up from the road and ran as fast as my hurt foot could carry me, completely forgetting to use the crutch. I had to get away from that thing! It was going to kill me!

“What the hell is that?!”

I exclaimed before panting, looking around for somewhere to hide in pure panic. I grinned seeing a kind of coffin then rushed over to it, opening it wide, throwing the crutch in there and climbed in after. I shut the lid down, being enveloped in pure darkness. I opened it just a tiny crack to see the demon walking down the alleyway, that’s when I noticed Dante standing right to the side of me. No Masumi in sight so far, Dante had to get away from that thing! He’d be murdered!

“Nice timing there you dickhead. Seems like lately I’ve had nothing to fight but a bunch of weaklings. I’ve been wanting to go up against somebody to give me a little more of a workout!”

Dante drew a large sword from his back; the design was creepy with a screaming skull on the handle of it before jumping up and slicing it down through the demon. Blood poured from it, the silvernette just smirked as he stood properly and sheathed the sword again.

“All bark and no bite.”

“Dante!”

I glanced to the side again to see Masumi rushing through an alleyway, holding a pair of twin guns, one purple and the other a sky blue. She was panting and covered in blood. She had a happy grin on her face however before she looked up at the really tall man before wiping her face.

“I just took out five demons! They were basic demons but still five demons!”

“That’s great. You’re getting better, maybe one day you can go out and hunt by yourself… You’ve got demon blood in your hair. Damn, it’s a pain to get out. I’ll help you get it out.”

“Thanks… Wait, you just want to see me in the shower!”

She slid the guns away, laughing before he gave her a charming smile then patted her on the head, walking away with her back to the office as far as I was aware. No way was I going back to my apartment tonight. No way in hell… How much was it for a motel room around here? Hopefully I would have enough money.

--

Masumi’s point of view

Back at work with only a couple of days until my birthday, I couldn’t wait! Today on the way home from work I was going to buy the necklace that I had my eyes on. Hopefully it wasn’t gone or I’d be really disappointed. I hummed the tune to ‘Future in my Hands’ by Elena Houston as I cleaned up the bar area, I’d be finishing soon so I could get some sleep for tonight, I was pretty sure that Isaac would be in here soon talking to Cyndi about seeing Dante kill a demon last night which meant that this episode was nearly over. And I was right; Isaac came in and instantly started talking to Cyndi. But I could see that she was seriously getting pissed off at him, she’d been telling me that he’d been acting a bit like a stalker because of the comment she made about Dante.

“It’s true! You gotta believe me Cyndi!”

She sighed in despair before her eyes widened as Isaac grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her to face him with a desperate look in his eyes. I frowned before getting some bratty kid his sundae.

“I saw that dude hack a demon in two last night with his big sword that he carries, listen! He’s a demon! It’s true! That guys a demon himself! A demon I tell you! That’s the only explanation for all of this! And to make matters worse he dragged Masumi into it as well!”