Chapter 34

“This is all my fault…”

I frowned as I stared up at the hotel, the light from the roof shining brightly. Patty shook her head at me before still hugging me tightly, trying to calm me down as Morrison spoke to me. An eyebrow was raised on his face, there was no point in avoiding this anymore, it was all going to come out now. I couldn’t hide it any longer.

“How can it be your fault? You couldn’t have done anything to stop this.”

“Yes I could! I could have done something! I knew this was going to happen! I could have stopped this mess!”

The sound of a bikes engine roaring up to us made me rise from my place on the ground, turning around to see Lady pull up beside us, wearing her biker suit over her regular clothes with Kalina Ann sheathed on her back. I dropped my head; I didn’t deserve to look her in the eye. Patty blinked at the sight of Lady, speaking softly.

“Lady, what are you doing here?”

“Looks like it’s finally started…”

“What’s finally started?” Morrison questioned, his cigarette still hanging from his mouth as I finally mustered up the courage to look at my best friend here, the black haired beauty pulled off her biker helmet and placed it down on the bike before climbing off it. We all moved to a small seating area, waiting for whatever was going to come next, waiting for Sid to make his appearance as Abigail. Probably the least threatening name for a demon ever but hey, I didn’t write this thing. Capcom did or rather, fate wrote it this time around. “Whose Alan Lowell?”

Lady had taken the time to explain what was going on, mentioning the name Alan Lowell; I thought maybe this would be a good time for me to make my input as I rose from the bench Patty, Nina and I were sat on together.

“May I, Lady?”

She smiled to me and nodded softly as I stepped forward, staring up at the bright blue light at the top of the hotel. I began to speak so openly, not a care in the world as I revealed everything I knew about Alan Lowell. I rubbed my forearms as I closed my eyes, a gentle breeze blowing my hair and coat about.

“A long time ago, there was a powerful alchemist by that name, he was just a human, like us but he was also a sorcerer who employed various demons.”

“You mean to tell us that, that, was Alan Lowell, Masumi?”

“That’s right… There was only one demon that Alan couldn’t bend to his employment however… And that was Abigail, he was said to have powers on par with the four great demons and the demon king, Mundus, and oh, did he have that power. Using all the power that he possessed, Alan sealed away Abigail’s powers… But seal him away was all he could do. He couldn’t do anymore than that. So to stop the powers from falling into the wrong hands, he created magical barriers that were so tight, not even an ant could get through and spread them around everywhere in hope they wouldn’t be brought together… Another thing came into being while the barriers were being made, a magical stone… Alan’s Tear…”

I turned back to face them with a smile on my lips, my coat slipping off my shoulders slightly as I opened my eyes again. Morrison took a drag from his cigarette then asked the question Nina and him were more than likely having at that moment.

“How do you know all of this? You certainly haven’t been anywhere to research this, have you?”

“You’re right. I haven’t… Because I already knew everything that could possibly happen during this time. The truth is… I wasn’t born in this world, I’m not meant to be here, I come from a world where this is just an animated series, a TV show that’s part of a franchise that saved my life. That I’ve held onto ever since I discovered it at eleven years old. Devil May Cry is just a game series in my world, none of you exist, and you’re all fictional characters…”