Chapter 30

The next day Cyndi and I met up due to the restaurant being closed; we were sat in a small bistro café, a plate of chocolate cake in front of us both along with a pot of tea between us, just catching up on everything that had happened since we last got to actually sit down and chat together.

“Isaac is really sweet, getting past that whole strange stalking thing he did, apparently Dante changed his mind about leaving town”

I nodded as I sipped my tea, a grin on my face as we ended up talking about our favourite demon hunter, I couldn’t help but have that dreamy smile on my lips all the way through the conversation, I really was like a school girl with a crush on another student or with an impossible crush on a teacher because really, he was the one that was teaching me everything, my mentor. That was one to tell the grandkids, I fell in love with my mentor, now that’s quite awkward… Then again our whole relationship revolves on being completely awkward to one another.

“So you do like him!”

“What?”

“You said you find Dante really attractive!”

“I… Did?”

“Yeah, you said yes when I asked you!”

I went bright red then picked up my tea, sipping it then giggling, setting the cup back down and twirled my hair around my fingers, no point in denying it in all honesty, Lady knew so why couldn’t Cyndi know? I placed my free finger to my lips and nodded before whispering to her.

“I really like Dante… And… Well… We’re not going out or anything but… We’ve kissed!”

“Oh my god! Really? That’s amazing! So… Is he a good kisser?”

I blushed and nodded again, the gossiping session continuing late into the afternoon, when a red soft-top car pulled up outside the café, I thought nothing of it until I heard that familiar gruff voice.

“Hey! Masumi!”

I looked up and Cyndi giggled, Dante was sat in it waiting for me, was he taking me out somewhere or was I just imagining this? I knew other people in the café were staring at Dante then to Cyndi and me, he winked to the waitress as she headed in to go and pay for the two of us, making sure it was her treat. I got up after guzzling down my drink, walking over to him with a smile.

“What are you doing here? I thought you had a job?”

“I’ve finished! You don’t think I’d skip out do you?”

I just laughed at him, he shook his head with a smirk as Cyndi came out, motioning for the two of us to get in, we jumped in and drove off, I sat twirling my hair as Cyndi started to talk again.

“We’ll have to meet up again soon, I’ve missed having you around at the restaurant, I could ask Fredi if he’d be willing to take you on again, if you wanted the job again?”

I couldn’t answer her question with a no because it’d be suspicious with the amount of time I had left here but I didn’t want to say yes and end up working when I was already running out of time. I didn’t know how to answer her I just shrugged before speaking.

“I don’t mind either way, I need to go back to the UK at some point to see my family and tell them I’m alright.”

“Would you come back?”

“If I had the money, yeah, I’d be right back here… I love this place!”

Dante dropped Cyndi off at her place, I waved bye to her as she headed in, Dante driving right back to the office, the drive there was certainly awkward though, seriously, I was almost tempted to do the awkward turtle with my hands but then that would look weird, oh who am I kidding? I am weird but the good kind of weird, I’d say anyway.