Chapter 6

A/N: Changed the names of Masumi's real world friends! :D

The next morning I got up with a heavy sigh before getting myself dressed. I zipped up my boots and pulled my gloves on as I stepped down the stairs, I’d left my bow that Lady got me in my hair last night, I took it and out and walked over to Dante’s desk and rummaged through the drawers trying to find a brush. My eyes suddenly lay on the photo frame that he kept on his desk and I gently picked it up tracing my fingers over the glass covering the photo. A long beautiful blonde haired woman with pure crystal blue eyes wearing a stunning black dress and ruby red cardigan, a small smile crept onto my face, the woman in the photo I knew, a woman I respected heavily for what she did for her sons. Miss Eva Sparda. Dante Sparda’s mother, she gave up her life to protect her sons, Dante and Vergil, yet she was kind, gentle and loving, someone I wish I could be like. I set the frame back down before smiling at Eva, like she was watching over Dante and me; I crossed my fingers and showed her for luck before continuing the search for the hairbrush. Luckily I found what I was looking for a few seconds later, with a couple of paper under it. Curiously I picked up the papers and began to read through the information as I sat on the chair behind the desk and brushed my hair after placing my bow on the desk.

My eyes widened, the papers were small several news reports about young teenagers all found dead, however every single one of them were not found in the world’s database about living people. I saw a note next to the reports in probably Dante’s handwriting saying Not Human possibly not from this universe. I threw them back to my horror at the next little note next to it Hunted to death by demons. I panicked and breathed heavily, was I about to become the next meal for a demon? Was I going to die from being in this world instead of my own? Was I simply... An attachment?

I slammed the drawer shut with my foot and continued with my hair, I dropped the brush back on the desk before sorting out the bow. I stood up and made my way to the door, grabbing Dante’s conveniently placed wallet that was on his desk next to the phone. Dante slumped his way down the stairs semi naked in just his red pants and boots before noticing me.

“Hey Masu—“

He was cut off as I walked out and slammed the door shut, thoughts ran through my head as I made my way down the street. Was I just here because of fate? Was I here because I was next in line to die? And why... Why was I the one that came into contact with Dante? I came into contact with Dante as I wished for it since I became obsessed with Devil May Cry, just to meet Dante, to meet him and have my wishes come true... Just like the episode title, yes my biggest dream had come true but I was probably about to be in the middle of my favourite series ever...but the possibility of my death was high after the news reports... I’d never see my father again, my mother I wasn’t really bothered about but my father... He listened to all my crazy cosplay ideas, he didn’t mind what I did really as long as I didn’t break any of the commandments, yeah I’d killed a demon but they weren’t human so I don’t think that really counted. I shook my head and simply made my way to the nearest cafe for breakfast; I didn’t really feel like eating cold pizza and drinking beer for breakfast... If that was what Dante ate for breakfast.

                                                                                          ~/**\~

A couple of hours later I returned to Devil May Cry to find Dante at his desk reading a bike magazine and on the phone, his feet up on the desk like normal but he was now wearing his normal upper body wear minus the jacket that was hung up on the coat rack. A little curly blonde haired girl wearing a pink paperboy hat, a light baby pink jacket, grey baggy trousers, simple black trainers and a small brown bag over her clothes. A middle-aged gentleman wearing a suit and a hat with brown hair and a moustache. On a closer look to the little girls face, she had beautiful blue eyes and freckles over her cheeks and nose. I recognised the people to be Patty Lowell and Morrison, Dante’s agent. Patty was messing on the pool table and hit a ball with the cue before putting it down and walking around again to a bin and lifting the lid off curiously looking inside.