Chapter 25

I didn’t stay for that long, I ended up finishing my glass of wine then went for a walk on my own through the town, it was really beautiful here, I had to admit. Shame the weather went and ruined it as it chose to sling it down with rain. I covered my hair with my silver coat as I rushed back to the house.

“Masumi.”

I froze on the spot, looking around, it was a voice I didn’t recognise, it was regal though, posh and a man’s voice, that was another thing… Could it be? Sparda? I turned around again then my eyes widened it was him! He was hazy, like Eva, but it was truly him. Tall, slicked back silver hair that was slightly ruffled like Dante’s hair, a monocle on his left eye. He was wearing the regal purple coat with the red waistcoat under it along with the rest of his costume, like the one you get after beating Dante Must Die mode on the first game, not that I’ve ever beaten that mode. Mundus is a little bitch for it let me tell you that! I hate him for it! The first half of the battle, flying through the sky, oh god, don’t even talk about that to me!

“S-Sparda!”

“So Eva was right, you can see us both. She cannot visit you this time but you must go straight back to my son, something important is going to happen. I cannot say what but… Please. Just go.”

“Sparda, answer my question… Has he figured anything out?”

“I cannot answer that Masumi, you know I cannot.”

I frowned then nodded before smiling up at the dark knight, he was a legend and he was talking to me, he smiled softly then vanished, I hurried back to the house, walking in with a frown as I hung the coat up to dry before walking into the living room area. The lights were off, I let out a little scream when lightning struck suddenly. A light going on to show Dante still in the room.

“D-Dante! You…”

“Masumi, I need a word with you.”

I froze in shock, he knew. He was going to question me. I started to shake in fear of what he would say to me, I had to think of an excuse, now! I didn’t have much time!

“How did you know about the last name Redgrave?”

“…I-it’s on Ebony and Ivory! I saw it on there and instantly made the connection… It does say for Tony Redgrave point forty five warks!”

His eyes widened, I spoke in too much detail, and I knew I had! He walked over to me, taking my face in his hands and made me look up at him. What was he doing? Was he? Was… Was he going to… Kiss me? I blushed again; I knew I was blushing so much; my heart was in knots, my stomach doing somersaults.

“How can you know so much?”

“Dante… I-I…”

“What are you hiding from us all? I know you’re hiding something… Even that old lady could tell…”

“I-I can’t say… I-It would change everything… I-It’s… Sacred…”

As we spoke, we inched closer to each other; Dante leaned down, so very close to pressing his soft, strawberry flavoured lips against my own. I wanted it, I wanted to kiss him again, and all fear of him finding out the truth was blown out of the window. I just wanted him to kiss me! And that’s when it happened, lightning struck the ground, making me scream and jump away from the older hunter. I hated lightning; I hated it with a passion!

I instantly rushed over to the sofa where a pillow and a blanket were waiting for me. I kicked my boots off and hid under it from the lightning, Dante grumbled before turning the lights off, walking over to me and sat down on the floor next to the sofa I was hiding in. I peered out from under the blanket, sniffling as he looked at me, gently running his hand through my hair in a comforting manner.