Chapter 5

Afterwards, Dante ended up going back to Devil May Cry leaving Lady and I alone, Dante had given me his jacket again, so I’d have to return it to him when I got back. We both went round town, going in more shops, buying underwear and sleepwear for myself and clothes for Lady. She stopped outside an accessory shop; I blinked a little confused, because she didn’t really wear accessories apart from her necklace.

“Can you wait out here a minute Masumi?”

“Yeah sure”

I stood outside, looking up at the sky; it didn’t seem real, me standing outside waiting for Lady from Devil May Cry. I knew I’d thought about this before but why did I get pulled here? Why not Amelia? Why not Maya? That’s what confused me. If anything I didn’t deserve to be here, after being a snobby little brat when I was younger, I’d changed when I started high school, now I was in College soon to be turning 18. My thoughts were broken as Lady came out the shop with a small bag, I couldn’t see what she’d bought because whatever she got, she had it wrapped up.

“So I’m going back to Dante’s place now? I need to have a shower...”

“Oh trust me don’t shower at Dante’s, the plumbing is broke so it only gives out freezing cold water”

“Oh... Where am I going to shower then?”

“At mine, I don’t mind”

I nodded and we made our way back to Lady’s apartment. When we both got inside, my eyes widened at my surroundings.

The living room come kitchen was a rather large room, a shelf of guns and ammo sat at the right hand side of the front door, to the left was a 28’’ flat screen television, a black leather looking two seater sofa. In the kitchen facing right in front of the door, was sparkling clean containing an average sized white fridge with around ten fridge magnets, a steel stove, a microwave on the many counters and a sink next to the fridge. All around her home was a lot nicer and brighter than Dante’s.

“Bathroom’s on the left, there’s a towel already in there”

“Okay... Thanks”

I walked into the bathroom, placing my bags and Dante’s jacket on the sofa; I kicked my ballet pumps off and left them by the sofa as well before walking into the bathroom. It was tiled with a pretty light blue and sea shells on some tiles, the floor was covered by a light beige carpet. The toilet looked like it was a marble white; the sink was the same, a fluffy, warm white towel was hung on a towel rail that was slowly heating the room to a lovely temperature, the shower was walk in walk out with a door instead of a curtain, it looked fairly new but nearly exactly like the one that was in my home, at a closer look, it was the same which was a bonus so I’d know how to use it.

I peeled my clothes and underwear off, placing them on the floor in a heap, I climbed in the shower and turned it on, the water hitting my body gently, running off me onto the bottom of the shower into the drain. I picked up the shampoo, Herbal Essences with the scent of Succulent Strawberry. I finished a few minutes later and climbed out switching off the shower and took the warm towel wrapping it around me. I opened the door and steam poured out; I looked around and saw Lady walk out of probably her bedroom in a black form fitting t-shirt and a pair of black shorts.

“In here Masumi, I’ll do your hair for you”

“Uh... Thanks”

I picked up my bags and brought them into Lady’s room, it was the average size, a double bed on the left from the door, a bedside table with a phone and lamp sitting next to the bed, a pine wardrobe on the right and in front of the door sat Lady in front of a make up table, some straightners plugged in and heating up on the table, she stood up off the stool and took my bags off me putting them on the bed then walked out so I could get dressed. I took my new clothes out the bags and a black polka dot bra and panties set. I dried off, grabbing some small scissors on the make up table and cut the labels off and slipped everything on. I looked in the mirror as Lady knocked on the door.