He stands with his shoulders dropped, eyes red and cheeks stained. He wears a black sweater and grey pants. I watch as he looks into my eyes before shifting his gaze to his son Bonnie.

He stares at Bonnie, and I can see him change. He ages in two seconds and I begin to brace myself for the worst.

"Fuck." He breathes before his chest heaves, Aberama pulls at his hair and sniffles, sinking to the floor.

Aberama cries loudly as he stoops to his knees. The sound is foreign to me but I can feel my throat closing as tears roll down my cheeks. I quickly move to Aberama, getting on my knees and engulfing him in a hug that is heartwarming but also heartbreaking.

Aberama and I have been nothing but jealous over one another. Sure, Bonnie and I are lovers but Bonnie and his father have an unthinkably close relationship.

They have a history together as father and son that makes me envious. So close, sometimes I wonder if Bonnie would choose his father over me someday. Well, that was until Aberama and Polly Grey became a thing.

Sure Bonnie and I are in madly love and happy but there are so many things I cannot relate to with him. Like his gypsy culture, or the fact that boxing means the absolute world to him. I can't relate to his gangster ways, and taking punches from people like it's nothing.

Aberama's mind and mine are completely different. Aberama would encourage his boy to keep punching someone whose already down, begging for mercy, whereas I would be begging Bonnie to stop. That's why we butted heads so much, Aberama wanted Bonnie to become a monster. Like father like son I guess.

Aberama wraps his arm around my body, bringing us closer to touch. He mumbles something softly but I'm unable to hear. His fingers squeeze against my skin and before I can pull back I feel his chest beat at rapid pace.

He's in hysterics.

"Aberama," I didn't clue in that I've also never seen Mr. Gold in such a state of hysteria. "Hey,"

I pull myself away and grab his cheeks. My palms begin to get wet from the tears that fall from his eyes. Those clear eyes of his now are surrounded by a sea of red.

I push myself away from the idea of crying now. I try to stay calm, "He's going to be fine." I sound weak and pathetic and as Aberama stares into my eyes, I press my lips together. "He's going to be ok."

Aberama chokes, shaking his head. "Jesus, what did the doctors say happened to him?"

We sit in a pool of tears, the machines continue to sound. Unapologetic. I wonder if he even knows about Bonnie's injury, his diagnosis.

"H-He fell on his tailbone. He-" I sniffle, struggling to process everything. "He couldn't get up, the doctors said it messed up his nerves.."

Aberama stares at me absorbing everything. I sit down on my butt, allowing space to linger between us.

"Where's Tommy?" He looks so different giving me those big frightened eyes.

Tommy Shelby, he's the one who has been supplying Bonnie and Aberama with so much money. Throwing him into rings, fighting with bigger, badder men. Men like Victor. I swallow, looking down at my lap. Fuck Tommy Shelby, and fuck Aberama for telling Bonnie he could go against someone like Santos. The money got to Aberama's head, so I can't help but blame him for Bonnie's state right now.

"I don't know." I honestly reply, remember Tommy's face at the match. He was drinking whiskey with a woman draped over his arm like fine jewelry. Polly and Aberama sat comfortably beside them, watching the match like it was good entertainment.