Chokehold

There was a thump and then another thump and then a muffled groan. To Jin it sounded distinctly like bodies hitting the floor.

"What's going on?" Paul's voice sounded controlled but there was a faint tremor. He hadn't expected this.

Y/N started but quickly relaxed when she realized the fingers brushing against her hands were Jimin's. His breathing was heavy but he was attempting to untie her, get her free. She held still, praying he finished before the lights went on.

Another thump.

"Men, move to the center." There was some shuffling and acknowledgement. A scuffle and a groan. Then a sudden flash of light, blinding them all. Jimin ducked but the light moved up, shrouding him in shadow and allowing him to keep working.

Paul squinted into the light. "Who are you." He demanded and the light swung back towards the figure holding it, revealing Yoongi with his head cocked to the side and a smirk on his face. Jin sagged slightly in relief.

"I'm." Yoongi raised his gun and shot one of Paul's men. Then the light went out as the men fired back. There was silence.

"Agust." Another thud and a curse. He was too close for them to fire without hitting each other. "D." Yoongi randomly fired into the air and then ducked, working quickly to untie Jin's hands as Jimin finally got Y/N free and slumped back to the floor. She was up, bumped into a figure, and her fist came up and smashed right where the nose should be. Jin was up but suddenly there was a loud explosion which sent him to the floor. He heard voices in the hall and then firing.

Y/N had been knocked to the ground too but unlike Jin another person had fallen on her. She tensed, readying to push the person off but before she could a hand wrapped around her neck and she could feel the cold tip of a gun against her forehead. She tried to kick out but the person was at least twice her size.

She was at least a little smaller than most of the men in the room but there was only one who was that big.

When Hoseok unceremoniously burst into the room and flicked on the switch, all was made clear. Jimin was still on the floor, his breathing shallow. Yoongi was in the middle of snapping the neck of another one of Paul's men. Bodies randomly littered the ground. Jin was tussling with another man. And Paul was hovering over Y/N, holding her down, her face red as he squeezed the life out of her.

"Drop your weapons or I kill her." Y/N tried to shake her head, tried to catch Jin's eye. Jin drove his fist into the other man's face and he went down. He stepped towards Paul.

"Uh-uh. No way. Get back." He put his hands up and stepped back, his heart racing. Paul would kill her. He didn't want her to die. Paul would kill her. Yoongi had stopped moving, face pale, both from exhaustion and fear. Y/N was still struggling but her attempts to fight Paul off were weakening.

Why? Why fight? This was what she'd wanted, wanted all along. Her eyes shifted from Jin to Hoseok. He glanced from her to Jimin and his eyes darkened as he took in his friend's condition. He looked at Jin and then Yoongi, saw the fear there. He was the one who had to act.

He lowered his weapon but cockily stepped forward.

"I think you have a slight problem." He said, addressing Paul. Paul snorted.

"None of you have tried to touch me. You value her. You may get me but she'll go out with me too."

"Yeah, that's the problem." Hoseok took another step and twirled his pistol on his index finger. "You see, Y/N right there is special. Really special." Namjoon and Taehyung entered quietly but stayed in the back, watching the scene unfold. "Y/N...." He paused for dramatic effect and then looked Paul straight in the eye. "wants to die." And with that he raised his weapon and shot Paul right in the hand. Paul screamed and the weapon dropped but he didn't let go of Y/N's neck. Her eyes were glazing over, her hands had slipped from his wrists.

Before anyone else could move Jin had closed the distance between them, grabbed Paul by the collar, and thrown him back before following and driving a punch into his jaw.

"Don't touch her!" He yelled, hitting Paul over and over until he felt a comforting hand resting on his shoulder. He looked up to see Namjoon standing there, subtly shaking his head.

"We can't kill him, we need to know about who he works for." Paul laughed, spitting blood out onto the floor.

"Yeah. That's right. You need me." At those words Namjoon sighed and threw his hands up in the air. He knew what was going to happen next. Jin's eyes were cold as he stood up and took Namjoon's weapon, leveling it at Paul's head. He glanced over where his other men were. Taehyung was cradling Jimin who had passed out and Yoongi was helping Y/N sit up. He caught Y/N's eye and she gave him a weak, reassuring smile. I'm okay, it said. His voice was stern.

"Y/N. Look away." She frowned and glanced over at Yoongi. That was what he was waiting for. He turned and glared down at Paul. " You touched her. I don't need you that much, I can get my information elsewhere." And with that the gun went off, sending a bullet right through Paul's skull. Namjoon sighed.

"Seriously?" Jin glared at him before handing the weapon over.

"Seriously."

"Couldn't I have interrogated him first?"

"He. Touched. Her." Jin said with finality before turning back and walking over to Y/N. He crouched down and gently placed his hand on her shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"Are any of us?" She asked quietly. Jin chuckled a little.

"You continue to impress me." He said quietly.

"I killed someone." She said, her voice small. It was bothering her. She was as bad as them. Yoongi bent down and rested his head on hers.

"You saved me."

"I couldn't see it....see it happen again." They barely heard her.

"Thank you." Yoongi gave her a squeeze, knowing how hard it had been to see another friend in a position like that, and groaned.

"Are you okay?"

"Pretty sure they rebroke my rib." He said, looking up as Hoseok scooped Jimin up and carried him out the door. Namjoon was helping Taehyung towards the exit as well. "I can walk but...can you take her?" Jin nodded, helping Yoongi stand up then bending back down and gently scooping Y/N up in his arms.

He hated this. He hated that that vile man had touched her. He hated how closely they had come to being exterminated. But he loved it. He had loved seeing this side of her. And he loved having her here, in his arms.