Clean Up

They had done it. It'd worked. Kristy's entire operation was taken out. They should be celebrating but right now all seven men were sitting in the living room of the safe house, looking like they were going to pass out. Hoseok, Namjoon, and Jimin were still in the gear they'd been wearing earlier and looked filthy. Namjoon's phone kept ringing as various other gangs attempted to reach him but he didn't want to move. Didn't want to respond. Didn't want to deal with them.

Yoongi had been shocked but relieved when Hoseok and Jimin had returned with Y/N. Even when he saw the extent of her injuries. They'd cleaned her up as best they could and were currently waiting until a reasonable hour to call their hospital contact. The man there insisted on only being called between the hours of 8 to 6. He never responded otherwise. Threats of death wouldn't work because then he'd refuse to help him and they needed the access. So they put up with it. While Yoongi waited for the man to make a mistake so he'd have blackmail on him.

Hoseok was leaning his head on Yoongi's shoulder, eyes closed but not yet asleep. Y/N's words were bouncing around his head in perpetual refrain, please just let me die. She had given up. She'd fought so hard for so long and this was what had brought her down. And that worried him. It worried him for her and it worried him for her siblings.

Jimin was passed out, his head in Jungkook's lap. For his part, Jungkook had finally convinced Y/N's siblings to go to sleep with the promise of seeing their sister in the morning. Now he was trying to figure out how he'd explain that they couldn't see her yet. There was no way he'd scar them for life with how she looked currently.

Taehyung sat next to Jin, eyeing his boss worriedly. He'd been doing a balancing act during the operation, helping Jungkook with Y/N's siblings while making sure the house was kept on lockdown and refusing to let Yoongi and Jin leave to help. He reminded them that Bangtan might fall if it didn't have all its members alive.

And finally, Jin. He felt so many different things and he wasn't sure where to begin in sorting them out. He felt anger. Even hatred. Kristy was a thorn in their side. The only reasons she was still around were 1) it would take a lot of resources to take her out and she hadn't been worth it at the time and 2) Yoongi was the one who had the right to do it but he wasn't 100% convinced the man could do it when the time came. He still had his doubts. So he'd ignored the problem. And ignored it. And it'd festered and now an innocent person had gotten caught in the middle.

He felt guilty. Y/N had endured more trauma. Now her siblings had something in their past too. If he'd just told her or maybe just fired her...never hired her...

He felt relieved. They had all assumed Y/N was dead. That was Kristy's m.o. Regrets had flooded through his mind, surprising him. And then Hoseok had walked through the door with Y/N in his arms and...she was alive. She hadn't died. When he thought she'd been dead he'd felt like he'd missed out on so much. But now that she was here...now he was trying to figure out what it was he thought he'd missed out on. What were these feelings?

And finally he felt curiosity. Why had Y/N been out where she could get grabbed? She'd had luggage. Was she leaving? Was that why....was that why she'd said goodbye? He dozed off, unable to keep his eyes open any longer, these thoughts spinning in his head.

-

When, finally, their contact arrived, Yoongi was the one who sat in while Y/N was examined. The man grumbled about having to travel but Yoongi said nothing, knowing he was only happy if he was complaining. The man had to remove most of Y/N's clothing to examine her so Yoongi found a spot on the far wall to look while also keeping both of them in his sights.

"Well, her arm is definitely broken. She has a concussion. I don't want to even think about what kind of instrument made all these cuts on her stomach...." His voice trailed off but Yoongi didn't offer any information. "But there doesn't seem to be internal bleeding. She needs to rest and heal, she'll probably be very tired for awhile, but she should be okay. I'll leave some pills for the pain and keep an eye on the cuts. Let me know if anything changes." Yoongi's only response was a grunt.

-

"What the hell, Namjoon!" Taeyong glared across the table at the exhausted man. Next to Bangtan, NCT was the most powerful gang in Seoul. While they weren't too keen on Kristy she had had her uses. What worried him the most though was how Bangtan had gone in with no warning. He didn't want something like that happening to him.

"We're not going to come after you, Taeyong. And we're not going to break our alliance. Kristy stepped out of line."

"You've just been looking for an excuse to get her since she betrayed your hitman. I know that probably sucked but there are rules that you laid down. You can't just break them because you feel like it..."

"We didn't break them, she did!" Namjoon raised his voice, sick of this shit. He knew what Taeyong was really going for but he was tired. "We all know the rules. Don't hit our people! Especially ones not in the gang! She made the first move! If you didn't want it you should've put her in line before we did."

"We didn't even know till you'd blown up her warehouse. With some of my goods in it!"

"We can compensate you, Jin won't mind that. But you know what happens when someone steps out of line! Don't defend her, Taeyong. What kind of example would it be if we let her get away with this? What would that say about my group? You know we can't afford to appear weak!" Taeyong sighed, Namjoon had a point.

"Technically, she did get away. She's still out there. And I did have an agreement with her, one that I'm breaking if I don't move against you." Taeyong said quietly. "But..." He tapped his finger on his lips. "I never said I'd have her back if she broke the code. Also technically." There was more silence. "You'll really compensate me?" Namjoon nodded.

"Since, yes, we did make a move before telling you. We won't fight it, we'll pay you back. Just stay out of our way when it comes to Kristy." Taeyong nodded.

"I can do that. And I'll..." He grinned slightly. "I won't be sorry when she's eradicated. Dealing with her mood swings sucked. If she reaches out to any of my men I'll shoot you a message. But that's it. She's your rat to trap." Namjoon inwardly sighed with relief. Despite being from different gangs he and Taeyong usually saw eye to eye. And if NCT was going to look the other way then odds were that the rest of the gangs would too.