The Job

It had been two weeks since Y/N had started at Jin's company and besides Yoongi and Jimin she didn't see that many people on the office level.  She'd sometimes see Jungkook around the building and he'd give her a polite nod but he seemed to spend most of his time everywhere but in the offices.  Everyone was kind and polite it was just....everyone seemed fake.  Like they all wore plastic smiles and masks.  Everyone.

Even Jin.  She'd walked in on him several times during phone calls and he'd scrambled and started, making her think there were things he didn't want her to hear.  Which was fine, she respected that, but she wasn't sure how she was supposed to do her job if she had to worry about hearing things she shouldn't hear. She was constantly second-guessing her decision to work here.

"Good morning."  Y/N looked up in surprise.  It wasn't the good morning that surprised her, it was the cup of coffee in his hand.  Yoongi was holding it out to her, sipping from a different one, eyebrow raised.  "This stuff is better than our office crap."  Y/N just kept staring at his hand, like a snake was going to bite her.

"Um....I'm good, thanks."  She said, looking away and biting her lip.  Why was he buying her coffee....?

He sighed.

"Could you just take it please?  I promise, I don't have ulterior motives.  It's just nice to have someone pleasant to talk to around the office and I want to keep you here."

"I'm fine."  She didn't believe him and felt uncomfortable.  Men who gave gifts always expected something in return.

"I already bought it and I don't like this flavor.  So someone needs to drink it.  Now you'll be doing me a favor."

"Mr. Min, I said I don't want it."  Her voice was steel and his other eyebrow shot up.  "Please respect that."  Now Yoongi felt torn.  He genuinely was trying to make an effort to be nice and sort of still make up for what had happened when she'd first stepped foot inside the company.  Y/N was nice to talk to and he did want her to stay around.  But if he kept insisting he'd be crossing lines he knew shouldn't be crossed.

"What, now you're buying her coffee too?!"  Jin complained, waltzing into the lobby area obliviously.  "I'm not special anymore?!"

"You mean you and everyone else aren't special anymore?"  Yoongi corrected with a dry lift to his tone.

"Wait, you buy the others coffee too?!"

"How are you in charge if you can't even notice simple things like that?"  Yoongi shot back.  Jin decided to not reply and gave Y/N a small wave before continuing to his office.

There was a moment's pause as Yoongi still stood there, coffee awkwardly extended, and Y/N looked down at her hands.  Well, if he was doing it for everyone else that was different...

Right as he began to pull his hand back, accepting her decision, she reached up and hesitantly took the cup. Yoongi gave her a smile small and raised his cup to her as if to say 'see? No ulterior motives'. Then turned to follow Jin.

"Getting sweet on my secretary?"  Jin teased him, opening his laptop up as his right-hand man entered.  Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"She's like the only one of us here who's sane and I'm trying to keep her that way.  Besides..."  He took a sip of his coffee.  "It's nice to have someone around who doesn't look at me with fear because my kill count proceeds me."

"Speaking of which..."  Jin tapped his desk.  "There's someone you need to look into."

"Oh?"  Yoongi said with interest.  It'd been a little while since he'd had to go out onto the field himself and he wouldn't admit it to his friends but he'd been a little bored. 

"Yeah.  He's been trying to stir up trouble with a couple of Taehyung's prostitutes.  By the time the last one called Tae, the man had run from the love motel.  He's low-level and we're on good terms with his gang.  I can explain the situation afterwards so we'll be okay and our girls shouldn't have problems for a while after this."

"Sounds good to me.  Text me the info and he'll be out in the next two days."  Jin raised an eyebrow.

"Two?"

"I feel like taking a nap somewhere in there."

"You're getting old, Yoongi."

"Says you, old man."  Yoongi teased.

"Hey!"  Jin smoothed his hair down and pointed at his face.  "Do old men have beautiful faces?  Huh?"  No reply.  "Yeah, I didn't think so."

Yoongi smirked.

-

Y/N sighed as she looked at the pile of paperwork in front of her.  This company was so old-fashioned.  They really needed to digitalize.  Next time she saw him she'd have to bring this up to Jungkook.  She couldn't believe that with someone as technically-inclined as he was, Jin and the rest of them still relied so heavily on paper.

The other reason she was sighing was Cindi.  She'd received a frustrated call from her sister when she hadn't come home at a decent hour.  Jin and Namjoon were burning the midnight oil so she was too.  Cindi's little tirade had gotten worse as she'd started to go off about school and how she didn't speak Korean and didn't know anything or where to go and the tutor wasn't helping...

Y/N knew she was experiencing culture shock and she'd cried slightly in the bathroom for her sister.  She knew it was hard and she wished she could do more.  But there was no way she'd asked Jin to let her go home.  She'd have to explain, she'd have to tell him about her family, and it wasn't any of his business. 

She glanced up into Jin's office.  Both Namjoon and Jin had taken off their ties and loosened their collars, exposing just how fit they both were.  But it didn't do anything for her, or at least that's what she told herself.  Beauty didn't matter if character wasn't there and she was too suspicious of everyone to grant them good character.