Meet the Boss

Jin never showed so Y/N went home at 5, after the files had been sorted.  It had been one long, interesting day and she had many questions.  But she got the impression it wouldn't be wise to ask them.

-

Jin sighed and rubbed his head as he stared down at the body before them.

"No normal identifying marks?"  Hoseok shook his head.  "Jimin's going to get in touch with his contacts but whoever did this isn't one of the normal hits working for our rivals."  Jin frowned.

"Then that means either someone new is encroaching on our territory or there's a new hitman in the industry."  He looked up at Hoseok.  "Jimin and Jungkook need to get this figured out right now.  If one of our rivals is trying to take us out we need to know right away.  And if not..."  He looked back down.  "Then we need to eliminate this threat before this person destabilizes the peace we've worked forever to finally get."  Hoseok nodded.  He had figured Jin would say that.  They'd worked together for so long they knew each other like the back of their respective hands.

-

Jin groaned and worked his suit coat off, plopping it onto the sofa in his office and sitting down.  He glanced out towards the secretary's desk.  She'd gone home for the day.  He was a little disappointed.  He'd hoped to have a chance to start showing her how he liked things done.  He'd told Yoongi to stay here and show her around, he wanted to get any potential drama out of the way immediately, so he knew she was in competent hands.  But as the leader of this company she was technically his secretary...

Between Hoseok's urgent call when he'd discovered one of his dealers dead in an alley to riding Jimin and Jungkook to figure out who was behind that to sitting down with Namjoon and an up-and-coming group who were open to working with them, it had been a busy day for him.  He leaned his head back and closed his eyes for just a second, just a second...

-

She went back and forth.  A part of her hoped she finally got to see her boss today.  She always liked talking with people in person and getting things laid out and tidy and communicated.  But...she was still not entirely sure if she should commit to this job.  She had her doubts.  And a lot of it had to do with the fact that...well...there were a bunch of men in charge.

Yoongi had explained that Jin was the head of the company and he had six direct reports that she'd also help.  But this far she'd only met Yoongi and Namjoon.  Everyone else had been out yesterday.  She walked towards her desk and placed her purse on it, only to turn and see someone sitting in Jin's office on the couch, slumped.  She frowned.  Was that...?  She stepped closer to the glass separating his office from the area where her desk was.  Then she chuckled a little.  Her boss was sleeping on the couch and, by the looks of things, had been there for awhile.  People doing little things like that always made her laugh.  But then she frowned.  Should she....should he sleep or should she wake him up?  He was probably exhausted....but he was exhausted because he was busy.  Which means he might have appointments or other things she wasn't aware of.  Better to wake him.  She slowly stepped inside his office, closing the door quietly, then wondering why she'd bothered if she was just going to wake him up.

"Mr. Kim?"  No response.  She gently tapped his shoulder.  "Mr. Kim?"  He stirred but still didn't wake up.  This time she shook him.  "Mr. Kim..."  His eyes snapped opened and his hand shot out, grabbing her wrist.  He was about to continue his instinctual training when...oops, it was his secretary.  Probably best to not do any damage to her, he needed her functioning.  He quickly let go.

"Sorry."  His voice was deep and coated with sleep.  "Habit."

"I don't judge."  She said quietly but taking a step back.  "I think you fell asleep last night here, sir.  I wasn't sure what you had on your agenda since you weren't here yesterday to go over it with me so I thought it best to wake you up."  She was eyeing him warily, like she expected him to try to grab her again.

"Crap."  Jin said, running his fingers through his hair.  "I don't have anything this morning, I cleared it in case I was kept too late yesterday so we could go over my expectations for you."  That had been the idea but now he was exhausted and just wanted to sleep.

"Oh...okay.  Are you sure, sir....?"

"Call me Jin."  He didn't like her being so formal with him.

"Yes, s-I mean...Jin."  Well, she didn't like the intimacy that calling someone by their first name created.  She sighed.  "Sorry, sir.  That will be difficult for me to do."  Jin raised an eyebrow.

"It's just my name.  Not even hard to remember."  Y/N was starting to wish she hadn't woken him up.  She'd given up a long time ago on trying to explain these kinds of things to people.  They never saw the truth and didn't understand.

When she didn't respond, having gotten lost in her own head for a couple seconds, Jin groaned and slowly got to his feet.  "Let's go over things so you can start your job as quickly as possible and be an asset to me.  I'm assuming Yoongi showed you around?"