41

I closed the door and paces over to the window that looked into Simons room, a tear ran down his face before he pulled the wires out. As he turned his head to face me, his eyes began to darken as his face pales.

When his last breath is exhaled my hands are covering my face as I slide down the wall, my knees pulled as close to my chest as possible.
"What are we going to do Kay?" JJ asks as he joins me on the floor.

I lean my head on JJ's shoulder and sigh, I didn't know what to do. There's no point in giving false answers when I have no idea myself. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I take it out looking at the time and completely ignoring the notification and not paying attention to the time as I look at the picture of me and Simon on my lock screen. It was from the day before the accident. The day before all hell broke loose. The day before I started to lose him.

A doctor finally arrives at the room and asks us what happened and why the wires have been pulled from his arms. After JJ explains to him he nods before calling for a few more doctors who rush over and assess Simons body.

When I finally look up I see a bed being rolled down the grey corridors with a sheet covering the whole body. It takes me a few moments to realise that everything is back to grayscale.

He is really gone. He may not have fulfilled his dream as being able to show others that he won't turn out like his own father but whether he is here or not he is still going to be an amazing dad. The twins will never meet him in person, but they will meet the man who loved them most through the memories made by himself with the people he considered his family.

23/08/19