26

"Happy Anniversary Leigh!"  I kiss Simons cheek before slowly getting up to get the back with his presents in. I sit back on the bed, crossing my legs.

Simon hands me a box which is wrapped neatly in paper. I tear the paper and pull the box out.
"A camera?" I look at the box in awe whilst reading the description about it. "The Nikon D850 Digital SLR Body?! Simon this is like £2500!"
"It's fine. You deserve it." He really needs to stop spending this much money on me.
"Here's one of your gifts. Once you've opened this one I'll get the other." This gift wasn't the one I was worried about. They were a pair of trainers he'd been considering buying for the past few weeks. 

"These shoes are amazing. What was the other gift you said you had?" I smiled at Simon before taking a deep breath.
"I'm pregnant." Somehow Simons smile grew even more than I though was possible.
"What! That's the best news I've ever heard! This is the best day ever." I moved over to Simon, straddling his lap whilst hugging him.

I'm so glad that his reaction was positive. God knows what I would've have done if it were different.
"I'm going to look after this baby so well. I know what it's like to grow up without a father and I don't want to put them through the same pain."
"I know you will Simon. You're going to be the best dad ever and our baby is going to have the best life ever." 

After two more hours of talking I fell asleep. I was still on top of Simon but he was warm and it was comfortable so I didn't want to move.

In eight months my life was going to be better than I ever imagined.

27/07/19