Chapter 21: Sleepping with my Parents.

"Why did you never look for me?" She got up from the couch.

Benny swallowed, he didn't want to make everything seems as if it was Frida's fault even if it was like that, "he didn't know about you, Paula". Frida had to take her responsibility.

"I knew about you since we were in London and then today I found out that I am your father". Paula felt dying, she didn't know what to do anymore, she just wanted her mommy. She thought that knowing who was her father would be easier but Benny still was a stranger for her.

"Mommy!" hugged her mom broken in tears trying to find protection in her arms, Frida also hugged her and kissed her little shoulders.

"I'm so sorry, my intention never was hurting you". Benny was helpless, he thought that she would react different once she knew he was the person she was claiming for but instead of hugging him she went straight to her mother's arms.

He caressed her back and hugged Frida who still had Paula in her arms. "Baby, i don't ask you to accept me but at least let's try to build our relationship since now".

She raised her head and looked at him then she left her mother's arms. "Why didn't you tell me the truth when I asked you?" She complained.

"I wasn't ready, this is not easy for me".

"Can I go to my bedroom? I'm tired now", she was very sad and Frida nodded. It was raining a lot already and the night was getting cold. Benny has spent almost the whole day there and the night but he didn't pretend to leave because he wanted to be with his daughter. They were at the kitchen preparing tea and eating breads, they both looked depressed and didn't know what to do, what was next after it?

"She is an amazing girl, thank you for that", he said making a swirl with the tea.

"She has a lot of things of you," she chucked, "her energy is very positive and she's so gently and generous", Frida smiled staring at him. "She definitely got it from you".

"And the hot temper, strong little girl got it from you".

"I don't like it sometimes because she's very imposing and determined and challenges me a lot," she laughed in the middle of everything.

"It must be wonderful to live with her, isn't it?" He placed his hand on her arm and she looked at it.

"Yes, it is", sighed. "She has been my biggest and best friend all of these years. We have been really happy nonetheless".

"You don't know how much it makes me happy. She looks like she has been very loved, since the first time I saw her in that lobby".

"It's incredible but I feel that I broke free, something deep inside me needed this". They sat back in the couch, he put his arm around her shoulders and she leaned on him. Neither of them said anything more. Just there waiting for something else to happen. The night was rainy and the thundering disturbed Paula so much.

After a long time crying and the other part thinking about everything she decided to be back with her parents. She already had her long pink pajama, perfect for a rainy night. It wasn't usual for her to see her mommy very huddle with a man, that's why she went straight to her mother's arms again interrupting them. She also was very shy now that she knew that Benny is her father. She didn't know what to do or say. "I'm afraid of thunders, can I stay here?" She asked shyly, Frida kissed her forehead and Benny smiled at them.

"Benny, I think is already late. It's better if you go home".

Paula sat down, "why do you have to go if we just met?"

"He has a family".

"We are also his family, they already have had him a lot, I had to grow without him", Benny caressed her cheeks, she was completely right.