53: Divine Judgement and Asylum

Arrow blinked. He had only been able to catch a few glimpses of what had just occurred in his Regent's mind because it had all happened too fast. But the few snippets the vigilante remembered seeing had not been pleasant by any standard. However, seeing Kaiba snap back to reality with a particularly vicious glare on his face both relieved the vigilante as well as unnerved him. He certainly had no desire to be on the other end of a glare like that.

Kaiba stood tall, taking care to step in front of his little brother, and focused the full force of his glare on Akhenadin. "You dare..." he snarled.

The Blue Eyes White Dragon -Kisara, Oliver corrected himself- roared and leaned down so her head hovered at the same level as Kaiba's and her tail looped around both Kaiba brothers protectively. The younger Kaiba stood by his brother, offering the balancing support the elder Regent needed. Mokuba placed a hand on his big brother's arm.

Lifting his eyes, Kaiba finally noticed the white haired newcomer glowing with both a power he knew and revered as well as a power that was foreign to him. He vaguely remembered this person calling him by the name Set, but had no earthly idea who this person was. He hated not knowing things. "Who the hell are you?" Kaiba demanded.

The white haired stranger nodded his head in greeting. "I am Helios, Titan and Greek personification of the sun."

"What do you think you're doing here? Especially after the last stunt you Greeks pulled?" Sharp blue eyes narrowed in ill-concealed disgust.

"That was the Olympian Ares. I am not one of them."

"Then wha-"

"Nii-sama," he said quietly in Japanese. Kaiba did not turn his head but he did place his hand on Mokuba's shoulder indicating he was listening. "The Judgement Game is over. You have to cast the Penalty Game."

Kaiba smirked. "Fine. Greek," he called, "you have no business here. Interfere and I'll deal with you personally. Or better yet, I'll let the Pharaoh deal with you."

"He'll deal with all of us," the Pharaoh said, eyeing Helios closely.

Mokuba shook his head. "Ra-Horakhty's offered him her support."

All of the Shadow users jolted in shock. "What?" Marik gasped.

"But... He's a Greek!" Honda stuttered.

"He helped me," Mokuba said.

Kaiba hesitated before nodding slowly. "Fine then." He raised his head confidently, ready to cast the Penalty Game, and spoke. "I, Kaiba Seto, Regent of the Shadow Realm and Earthbo-"

"Hey!" a new voice hollared. "You guys alright?!"

"We lost your signals for a moment there," Superman said, gliding down from where he appeared in the sky through teleport with Flash in his arms. "We feared the worst."

Vastly annoyed, Kaiba glared at the newest intruders. Flash and Superman appeared behind the Justice League and rushed over to their companions pausing at the sight of the still active Judgment Game. Flash, Kaiba could handle, Superman was turning out to be a consistent thorn in the Regent's side.

Kaiba clicked his tongue in frustration. "Now wha-?!"

He cut off abruptly with a cry that was echoed by the Pharaoh and the King. Dismissing the latest additions to their gathering, Kaiba stared down at his Deck still securely in its holster at his hip, stunned by the electric blue glow and tingling power emenating from a specific card he knew all too well. He unhooked the holster flap and pulled out the special card feeling the familiar burst of power lancing up his arm and dancing along his nerves. So, he wanted to be summoned, did he?