50: Storm and Sun

Reality returned like an unforseen punch in the gut. Green Lantern  was almost thrown back from the Absorbacron, falling gracelessly back  onto his bottom. The images of Ancient Egypt were still racing across  his vision when he felt something slip off of his lap and heard a soft  thump accompanied by a muffled whimper. He blinked back his vertigo and  sat up only to see Seto Kaiba curled in a ball in the grass around the  hand that had been held against the Absorbacron and shaking.

"Se-"

Green  Lantern cut himself off, stunned at the name he almost said aloud. Set.  Kaiba was Set. Green Lantern's mind finally began to grasp the concept.  Seto Kaiba was the reincarnation of Set, the Pharaoh of Egypt and Lord  of Storms. Green Lantern... No, no, he had to think of himself as a  person, not as his hero persona. He needed to be a person. John Stewart,  the person behind Green Lantern, was the reincarnation of Vashari, the  High Commander of the Holy Empire under Godking Katar Hol and Godqueen  Chay-ara, now known as Shayera Hol, or more commonly known as Hawkgirl,  and he and Shayera had been illicit lovers.

John gaped at Shayera  who was staring back at him with equally astonished eyes. Her  traditional feathered mask had fallen from her head revealing the face  Vashari had fallen in love with. The Thanagaran's wings fluttered  nervously and her breathing came deep and fast almost to the point of  hyperventilating. They had been lovers. What would become of them now?

"Now you see?" Shadow Thief said, voice hissing in the tense silence.

Shayera  jolted at the villain's voice and spun around to pin him with a  ferocious glare that would have made Kaiba proud. "You," she snarled.  "You're Hath-Set. You murdered us!"

"No," John countered, his  glowing green eyes narrowed in hate. "Remember before he transformed?  That's not Hath-Set. It's Katar Hol. You're Katar Hol."

The seething mass of perverted Shadows grinned. "So glad you remember me."

"An  unfortunate mistake I intend to rectify," an unexpected voice growled.  Shadow Thief and Akhenadin spun to see someone who was and was not Seto  Kaiba standing nearby clutching his injured hand to his chest and  surrounded by thrashing, bloodthirsty Shadows.

Shadow Thief had  only a moment to react before the not-Kaiba held up a single card,  murmured in a strange language, and howling winds raged throughout the  enclosed space. Cracks grew in the glowing barrier of Swords of Revealing Light  and up the giant dragon-headed jar. The jar burst first, shattering  into thousands of brilliant pieces before vanishing in the howling wind.  The imprisoned white dragon surged from the glittering pieces of her  former cage and shrieked her rage. Great white wings spread out to their  full impressive span catching the sunlight on her scales beautifully.

"It's Blue Eyes White Dragon!" Jounouchi cried pumping his fist in the air victoriously ignoring the gusting winds.

"Nii-sama!"  Mokuba cried staring up at his big brother's third most powerful  Monster, second most powerful dragon, and most precious card.

When the Swords of Revealing Light  disintegrated seconds later, Arrow wrapped his Shadows around the shaft  and arrow-tip and released his bolt. The specially chosen arrow sped  through the air straight for Akhenadin. But it pierced Shadow Thief's  left shoulder instead with a wet squelch when the meddling villain stood  up to stare at the shattered remains of the Swords of Revealing Light.  Shadow Thief's unremarkable face contorted in shock when the  specialized arrow tip beeped and exploded causing greater damage but not  to the intended target.

"Fuck!" Arrow cursed the botched shot,  drawing a new arrow and knocking it as he and his fellow Justice League  comrades charged the enemy.

"I can take a hint," Mai said with a grin. She drew her signature card from her Deck and placed it on her extended Duel Disk. "Elegant Kaleidoscope.  Come out Cyber Harpie Lady Sisters and join Blue Eyes!" The familiar  winged women materialized flapping their feathered arms and screeching  in fury.