Chapter 18

Kirishima's POV~

Three. God. Damn. Days. Three days before we can even board a plane to go find our fucking mate. This is ridiculous.

After Shinso told us that Izuku was kind of missing, multiple alphas freaked out. Bakugou and Todoroki left the room, going to one of the training grounds to Bakugou could destroy something. I was punching the common room wall, Denki was on his knees where he was standing when we were told. He wasn't crying, just staring at the floor.

I was pulled away from the crumbling drywall by a few different people. I didn't calm down until Denki grabbed me and pulled us back to Izuku's dorm, which is where we've been staying since he left. He pulled me onto his bed. I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my head into his chest, he just let me, and ran his fingers through the hair on the back of my head. We stayed like that, not talking for a long time. I honestly thought he fell asleep.

"We're gonna find him, right?" I heard him whisper above my head.

I moved a few inches away from him so I could look at his face easier. "What kind of question is that? Of course we are." I growled a little at the end. I didn't mean to, and it wasn't directed at him. He knew that, so he didn't bother being upset about it.

"But... what if we don't Eiji? What if.... What if he's really... gone?"

I froze at the question. I had been trying so hard the past hour or so to not think about that possibility, and I'd done a pretty good job. I've been focused on just trying to find him, but Denki had been lying here scared out of his mind, thinking our mate could actually be... dead.

I pushed myself up and moved my arms to either side of his head. I looked straight at him and growled again. This time it was directed at him, and I don't think he was very happy about it. "Don't even think about that. He's fine. We're gonna find him and everything will go back to normal. We'll bring him back to UA and we'll all become pro heroes, okay? We're going to find him. I promise." I said to him. He mutely nodded his head, probably not believing me.

"Just don't make promises you can't keep."

Izuku's POV~

I have no clue how long I've been down here. The light went dead a few minutes after Asui and I finalized our plan. My father's been down multiple times for 'training'. It consists of me doing literally anything, and if he feels it's not something a 'good omega' would do, then he hits me, or more so just beats the living crap out of me. Lets just say, I figured out quickly what I needed to do to avoid as much harm as possible.

When I lived with my father as a child, it was bad. I was basically the perfect omega in his eyes, but now... is so much worse. I don't know how it's even possible, but here we are. If you looked up 'omega' in a dictionary from the fifties when omega rights were worse than women's, I'm the definition. I'm a trained dog. I was trained through fear.

Asui has tried to get me to talk for a while, but I never respond. Do you know how much trouble I'd be in if my father found out I even talked to her? Let alone if I was planning to somehow escape. It's easier for everyone if I just keep my head down and mouth shut. Like a good omega.

I was just sitting and staring into the black abyss of nothing that is our basement, when the door to the stairs opened. I'd been through this enough to know I should keep my eyes on the floor in front of me unless told otherwise. I was expecting to see my father's shoes to come into my view. I was not expecting two other pairs.

"Is this him?" An unfamiliar voice asked. I wanted to look up and put a face to it, but I wasn't going to risk the punishment.

"Yup. He's nearly ready, just a day or two more." My father said. Oh. He must be the person my father's selling me to. Great.

"I expect him to be mark free when I receive him. Scars I can live with, but I don't want any bruises or unhealed cuts." The first voice said. I was covered in bruises. They'd take forever to heal.

"How soon do you want him? It's going to take at least a week, maybe two, for all his marks to heal." My father explained.

"Let me see them then." He ordered. My father walked towards me, I wanted to move away, I wanted to run, but I knew how much trouble I'd get in. I slightly flinched when he reached for my shirt. He didn't like that. He slapped me across the face. It didn't hurt much, but it was more of a warning than an actual punishment.

When he reached again, I didn't move. He pulled up my shirt, so far it covered most of my face. My entire chest was on display, bruises and cuts included. I heard a third voice gasp.

"Quiet." The first one said.

The first man bent down, taking my father's place. He was crouching right in front of me. He still held my shirt up, looking over all of my injuries, but it wasn't pulled as high. I could see him. He was wearing a dark hood, so I couldn't see his face, but I saw his hair. It was white and pretty wild looking.

"Tell me little one, do you have a mate?" He whispered. My father didn't hear him talk to me, he probably wouldn't have noticed anyway, he was preoccupied with the second guy.

"T~two." I said. It was the first time I'd talked in a while, but there was no way I wasn't going to answer an alpha.

I saw him faintly nodded his head. "And where are they?" He asked. His voice was soft and gentle, not at all what I was expecting from someone trying to buy an omega from an illegal trafficking ring.

"J~japan, but they s~said a few days ago that, that they were c~coming to get me." I told him honestly. He nodded his again.

"Hm, that won't do." He was about to talk again, perhaps ask another question, but a slap stopped him in his tracks.

I quickly raised my eyes to see what had caused the noise. My father was glaring at the other man, who had his hood pulled down and was clutching his cheek. His curly red hair was falling in front of his eyes. The man in front of me abruptly stood up.

"I'd appreciate it if you kept your hands off of my omega. I took me ages to fully heal him after buying him from you." He said with a slight tch noise. As an omega, I'm pretty skilled at reading people's body language and emotions. He was definitely pissed.

"Obviously I didn't train him well enough. I could take him back and trade you for a better one, or if you particularly like this one, I could retrain him for a small fee." My father offered politely.

Oh, that wasn't a good idea. If the alpha in front of me thought someone hitting the other omega was bad, someone taking said omega, was a nightmare. He didn't say anything else as he grabbed the red head and dragged him out of the basement, leaving my father to stare after them in confusion. He followed them up after a minute or two.

The alpha that wants to buy me doesn't seem mean. Maybe he'll treat me nicely. Maybe he'll even let me go. He wasn't too happy about the thought of my mates coming for me though, so he probably wouldn't let me go.