Chapter 2

Izuku's POV~

Dinner was awkward to say the least. My father was just mainly talking to my mom, but only gave quick polite responses, obviously not comfortable. They didn't talk about the times when they were together years ago, or when they were seperated. Only about now and the future.

"So Izuku, there's only one school around here and it's terribly run, so we're going to start you on online courses. How would you like that?" My father said, aknowledging me for the first time the whole meal.

If he would have told me this when I was in middle school, I probably would have jumped at the offer. I was bullied a lot as a kid because I was quirkless and an omega. Now I don't care what any bully may say because I have a bunch of friends and two amazing mates back at home. I don't know if I'll survive if I'm cooped up in this house everyday.

My mother say how unhappy I was about the decision and quickly jumped in. "Don't worry sweetie, we'll still get you out of the house often, I know how much of a social butterfly you are." I'm not at all. She knows that, very well I may add. Why is she lying? I stopped myself from asking once I saw the look she was giving me, basically just begging for me to agree with her.

"Oh, um, great. Thanks." I said somewhat sheepishly. I feel like lying isn't the first thing I should be doing after seeing my father for the first time in years. Thankfully he didn't pick up the little white lie and dinner proceeded uneventfully.

After everyone was done eating, I said my good nights and headed up to my room. I found my phone in my backpack, completely forgot about. I had about thirty text messages and a handful of missed class. All of them were from my mates, except for one.

Please stay safe.

It was from Kacchan. I almost brushed it off as him being crazy productive, but I got another flash of a memory of pain. It nearly knocked my off my feet from being so intense. That can't be a coincidence. I quickly responded once I recovered.

Why wouldn't I?

I was expecting expecting an answer, seeing as it was about eleven a.m. there right now on a Saturday. Luckily, there was an answer.

Just promise me Deku.

I was extremely confused. It felt like everyone was hiding something from me. My mom, dad, and now Kacchan. I hate being out of the loop.

Fine, I promise.

Then I quickly went to my mates messages. I nearly cried. They seemed pretty mad that I just left them with only a note, but they were also just continuously saying they loved me too. I respond apologizing over and over again, not knowing what else to say. When my phone dinged again, it was them, telling me that they forgave me, but if I ever did anything like it again, they'd handcuff me to them. I immediately told them that it wouldn't be necessary.

After talking with them for a little while longer, they had to leave for hero training. My heart hurt a little bit, knowing that I'd never be able to train with them again. I'd never be a hero. That thought brought me close to tears once again.

I changed into one of Kiri's hoodies and a pair of Kami's sweatpants, I may or may not have stolen, and crawled into bed. It had been a long day. It took me all of five minutes to fall into a deep dreamless sleep.

I was awoken the next day by my energetic mother throwing my drapes open. I was close to hissing when the sun hit my eyes. I was definitely feeling the jet lag.

"Ugh mom." I whined into my pillow. I heard her giggle from beside my bed. Then my comforter was ripped from me. I was hit with icy air. "Ah!" I shouted in surprise.

"Oh calm down you little drama queen." I could sense her eye roll without even looking at her face. "C'mon, up and at em! You're going into town. There's a nice little book shop I think you'll just love." I turned to face her, my questions from last night coming to mind. I wanted to ask, but I was scared she'd either be mad at me, or my father would somehow hear me. I decided against it.

"Fine, gimme a few minutes to get ready." I said to her. My mom nodded and left me alone. The first thing I did was check my phone. I had a few texts from my mates, just telling me good night, they love me, and to stay safe. What is with everyone telling me to stay safe? What am I missing. I ignored the thought and responded to them. I knew they wouldn't get back to me for a few hours, it was about 1 am there.

I quickly got dressed, leaving Kiri's red hoodie on, but throwing on a pair of jeans. I grabbed my wallet and headed down to the kitchen. My mom had made waffles, one of my favorites. She set a plate down in front of me on the counter. "Hurry up and eat, then I'm driving you into town. I'll drop you at the bookstore while I get some groceries and things, sound good sweetie?" She asked, rushing me to eat. I nodded while stuffing my face with the fluffy deliciousness.

Once I had finally managed to eat a couple waffles, my mom dragged me outside and shoved me into a car I'd never seen before, it must be my father's. The air was a little chilly out, probably around forty degrees, if I had to take a guess. I think that's pretty average for Oregon in late April. The car ride was pretty quiet, but not uncomfortable. It was pleasant I guess.

"So here it is. I may take a few hours, so you can go around and explore the rest of town if you'd like. Just keep your phone on you so I can find you when we need to head home." My mom said before I moved to open the door.

"Yeah, home." I said with a slight sigh.

My mom frowned at me. "I know this is an adjustment honey, but it won't get better if you don't try." She said, grabbing one of my hands.

I roughly pulled away from her. "You don't think I am?" I said, looking at her accusingly. "You gave me, not even twenty four hours, to pack up my entire life and move to a different country. I left everything, my friends, my dream, my mates? I moved here with little to no complaining. I played nice with the guy who left us on our own for years and you think I'm not trying?"

"Please Izuku, I get that, I really do. But don't you think you're a little too attached to your mates? I mean, you've only known them a few weeks, you can't possibly have more than a petty school girl crush on them." She was obviously frustrated, and usually I'd stay quiet and let both of us cool off for a bit, and then we both apologize for being cruel later, but she went to far.

"You have absolutely no right to say anything regarding my mates and our bond. You have no clue what it's like. You gave up on your mate. When they took to long, you found someone else, not even caring who it hurt in the process." Yeah, my parents weren't mates. I have no clue what actually happened with their actual mates, I never asked and they never said, but I didn't care. I was to upset at this point.

I didn't wait to hear her response, leaving the car as if it was about to explode. I stormed into the book shop, ignoring everything and just wanting to get lost in the aisles. I didn't pay much attention to the purple haired boy with dark bags under his eyes, or the black haired man with stitched skin.