Chapter 3

Izuku's POV~

I was strolling around the store, not paying any attention to anyone or thing, beside the rows of books lying before me. I found a couple of books within twenty minutes, taking them to the checkout counter. An extremely tired looking purple hair teen was behind it. His name tag read Shinso. Hm, why does that name sound familiar?

"Harry Potter fan?" He asked, motioning to the sixth and seventh book in the series I was about to purchase.

"Oh, um yeah. I've already read the whole series, but I love rereading them and those are the only ones I don't already own. Usually, whenever I want to read them, I'd just borrow my friend's, but... well i'm kind of across the world from him right now." I don't know why I just spilled all of that to this random guy, but like I said, something about him was familiar, and I haven't talked to anyone but my parents since leaving my mates.

"Let me guess, moved here from Japan?" He asked with a knowing look. I was a little shocked, and just nodded my head mutely. "It's not that hard to tell. Besides, I just did a couple of months to, so I can tell a whole lot easier." He said with a shrug.

"Wait, you're from Japan to?" I asked in slight amazement. He chuckled with a nod. "What school did you go to?" I asked him.

"Well I was going to go to UA, but they put me into general studies, so my dad's decided to send me here for a year abroad and try again next year." He said with another shrug.

"Are you serious?! I go to UA, er um, I used to. Hero course..." I was hit with a sudden wave of homesickness and depression. It just randomly dawns on me hard this is going to be for me.

"Hero course? 1-A?" He ignored my tone and tried to keep the conversation going. I'm kind of happy for that. Maybe I could manage to make a friend. I just nodded back. "Hm, so you were probably taught by both of my dads at one point." He explained with a slight smirk.

My jaw dropped. "Who are your dads?!" I can't think of any teacher that I knew was gay, let alone two.

"Shota Aizawa and Hizashi Yamada."

"What the frick? Are you serious? He was my homeroom teacher and I didn't know he was married, let alone to another teacher, and they have a kid? Jesus I did not pay enough attention during those few weeks." I said off handedly. Shinso just laughed at my mumbled words.

After that I paid for my books and we actually ended up exchanging numbers. I left the shop, looking for a place to eat. I wasn't sure how I was going to get home, the last thing I wanted was to be trapped in a small moving box with my mother.

I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going, until a hand reached out and dragged me into a back alley. I tried to shout, but they quickly moved their hand over my mouth, blocking any noise. "Jesus, would you stop squirming kid, I'm not gonna hurt ya." He said from behind me, trying to wrap his other arm around my body to stop me from flailing.

"Dabi! What the fuck are you doing to him?" I heard Shinso's voice coming from the front of the ally. Oh thank god, maybe he can help me. I would use my quirk, but it's highly illegal and I can't control it anyway.

"I swear it's not what it looks like." The man who had grabbed me, Dabi, said. I felt him move his head to look at me, then back at Shinso before quickly letting me go. I turned to look at him, it was the guy with black hair and purple stitching on his face and arms, he had his hands up in surrender.

"I swear, you're more trouble than you're worth." Shinso said with an eye roll. Then he made his way over to me, looking me over with slight concern. "Are you okay Midoriya?"

"Um, I guess, but what's wrong with that guy?" I asked him in a hushed voice.

Shinso quietly chuckled at my question. "There'd be a shorter list of what's right with him." He purposely said louder.

"Hey, I heard that asshole." The Dabi guy said with a scowl from the same spot. He hadn't moved at all, which made me feel a little better, knowing that he wasn't gonna come after me again.

"That was the point smart one." Shinso said back with an eye roll. That seemed to piss Dabi off.

"I'd shut your mouth if I were you." He growled back. He's obviously an alpha. His growl was scarier than Kacchan's, it made me let out a small whimper.

Shinso noticed, but didn't comment on it. "Or what?" He asked back, trying to hide a slight smirk.

"I'll~" Is the only thing Dabi said, before his eyes went cloudy and he shut up. I looked back at Shinso in confusion and saw that he was no longer trying to hide the smirk.

"Now apologize for scaring the poor omega, twice." Shinso said, directing it Dabi. Jeez, he figured it out faster than my classmates did. I guess it helps that I never said I was a beta to begin with. Even then, he'd probably have to be an alpha to tell this quickly, betas aren't as good at picking up on stuff like this and there's no way he's an omega, he wouldn't be able to handle an angry alpha like this at his age. It's literally not possible.

"I'm sorry for scaring you twice." Dabi droned. His voice lacked any real emotions. I was completely stunned that he actually did what Shinso said though. Until I realized it probably had something to do with his quirk.

A second later Dabi's eyes cleared and he was scowling. "If you use your god damn quirk on me one more time, I'll kill you." He threatened. He sounded very serious, and it sent a chill down my spine.

"Then stop walking right into it. I mean, you'd think you'd stop answering my questions by now, but here we are." He was completely unfazed by the threat, just went on smirking.

"If your dad's weren't fucking pros~" Dabi started but was cut off.

"Do you really want to finish that sentence?" Shinso said with one eyebrow raised. Dabi just huffed and walked away, leaving Shinso and I alone in the ally.

"What's with that guy? How do you know him?" I asked as soon as he disappeared from eyesight.

"It's a long story, I'll tell you another time. Do you need a ride?" He asked, quickly changing the topic.

I decided to ignore it. "Um, yes actually."