Chapter 16

Izuku's POV~

"Asui?"

"Midoriya? Is that you?" She asked across the small room. The little girl was looking between us confused. What did she call her? Sissy?

"Yeah it's me. What're you doing in my basement?" I asked her, thoroughly confused.

"It's a really long story." She said with a heavy sigh.

I gave her a blank look. "It's not like I have anywhere to be." I said while motioning to the quirk erasing cuffs on my hands.

"Oh yeah, forgot about those, they don't really affect me or Satsuki." She said gesturing to her and the little girl. Wait, Satsuki is the name of her younger sister. Why is Asui and her little sister locked in my basement right now? Why am I locked in my basement? What is actually happening right now?

"Just... just know that I never wanted to lie to you with those texts." She started. I obviously knew she was talking about the texts about my mates. "You're~ you're father got a hold of your phone and texted me. I thought it was you at first, until he told me otherwise. He told me I had to convince you that your mates didn't love and were just using you. I swear I didn't want to, and I tried so hard to fight against him, but... but he got Satsuki. She's an omega, like you." She said. The way she said it, it sounded like it should have cleared everything up.

"What does her rank have to do with anything?" I asked her confused.

Her face turned to one of shock. "Midoriya.... Do you not get what your father does for a living?" She asked me in a gentle whisper.

"Well duh, he works in the trade industry. What does that have to do with you both being trapped in my basement? And why does he not want me with my mates?" I asked her. Was I missing something? Of course I am, that was a dumb question.

"The trade industry he works in, is an illegal omega trade." She said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I felt like I was hit with a ton of bricks. That... makes so much sense.

After a few seconds of silence, so I could process the information, I spoke up. "He threatened to sell your sister, didn't he?" My voice quiet. I knew the answer, but I didn't want to believe it. No matter what terrible things he's done to me, he's still my father and finding out that he wanted to sell a six year old is just... disgusting.

"I'm so sorry for what I did, but you have to understand. She's just a kid!" She sounded desperate. I don't know why she's even worried, of course I understand.

"Asui, calm down. I don't blame you at all. I probably would have done the same thing if I was in your position. Right now, we just need to figure a way out of here." I said back to her.

She weakly gestured around the room. "There isn't a way out." She said, sounding defeated.

"Of course there is, there's always a way out." I'm not sure if I really believed it, but you better anything I was going to try. Not only for myself and Asui, but for the innocent kid that got dragged into my father's sick line of work, because of me.

"We were both in the UA hero course. We got in for a reason. If anyone can get out of this, it's us." I said to her. "And I mean, if we can't, Kiri and Kami are on their way as we speak. Back up plan." I said with a shrug. I knew as soon as they landed, they'd go straight to Shinso, seeing as I wouldn't be texting or calling anyone. That amazingly sleep deprived boy would lead them right to my house. They would literally be able to smell me out from there. Plus they're bringing Todo and Kacchan. They could easily overpower my father.

"As long as you're still here when they arrive." Asui said skeptically.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What'd you mean by that?" I asked her.

She gave me a 'really?' look. "How can you possibly be this clueless?" She asked me. I just shrugged. She cracked a small smile, easing the tension in the room a little bit. It didn't last long. "He's going to sell you. He already has a buyer, he's had one since you were first born and he found out you were an omega. He wanted to raise you to be the perfect omega, grooming you for it, but you're mother freaked out when she found out. She threatened to call the cops on him if he didn't leave. He couldn't risk it, so he moved to America. He still wanted to sell you, still had a buyer, he just knew it would take longer because he wasn't training you anymore." She explained to me.

My mouth was agape. "How do you know all of this?" I asked her.

"He likes to monologue." She said with a casual shrug. I nearly laughed at her response. I mean, of course he does. He's the most cliche antagonist ever. Maybe that's a good thing though. Treat him just like any other villain in a book, movie, or TV show and he'll act like one. That makes him predictable.

"Wait, I have a theory." I suddenly said, getting serious again and bringing the tension back up. I quickly explained it to her, and she nodded in understanding.

"So basically, all we have to do is ask what his plan is? He'll be so egotistical he'll think nothing could go wrong and will end up spilling everything?" She asked for clarification.

"Exactly." I said with a nod.

She looked at me doubtfully. "Midroriya, I know you're supposed to be a slight genius when it comes to plans, but this one kind of sucks."

I let out a sigh. "I know it does, but until we come up with literally anything better, it's what we're gonna have to work with it."