Chapter 21

Thomas Hood

The big day was upon us, and we were going to take the Plastics down. The Anti-Plastics no longer existed. It was just the Plastics against the Non-Plastics, which was exactly the same as the Anti-Plastics, really, just not having the same name.
          "Come on, boys!"  We were ready for anything. "Didn't expect to see me here?" I asked as Robert stood in front of me.
          "I'm still gonna kick your team's arse." Robert retorted, pushing me backwards.
          "You little bitch!" I yelled. "You're so plastic."
          "At least I'm not a high school virgin."
          "Haven't we been through this?" I asked, scoffing. "I fucked your sister, dude."

          "Okay, boys, listen up," The referee started. "Football is a religion, and you are now in church. Do not disgrace this field. We'II play by playground rules. Fumbles that hit the ground are live balls. Four downs and out. No punts, no extra points and a touchdown is seven points. Get it? Got it?"

          "We get it." Robert answered.

          "We will flip a coin to see who receives the ball. Red Team, you call it."
          "Heads." Robert chose.
          "Heads it is."
          "We'II receive."
          "AII right, shake hands."
          "As fucking if." Robert spat.
          "Okay, then."
          Fletcher was the first person to get the ball in the game. He said that he was going to pretend to be his dumb-arse self and throw the game for Jeff. He still didn't like me, but deep down he knew what Robert was doing was wrong, so he had to stop his brother. And honestly, I didn't think that he was going to make it, but he did.
          "Run, moron, run!" Robert exclaimed.
          "Take it, take it." Fletcher muttered, handing it to a dude standing next to the pitch.
          Then the karate champion brought nunchakus into the game, which were banned.
          "There's no nunchakus in football!" The referee exclaimed, taking the nunchakus away.
          "Man." The champion muttered.
          It was now round two.
          "Ball, now!" Robert demanded from his team mates.
          Robert didn't have a chance at running with the ball, since his team mates had paired, took the ball for themselves and ran like they were on fire. Reece and Aaron tried to take the ball away from them, but ended up running away because the Red Team were 'so scary'.

          "Touchdown!" The referee declared.
          Now it was round three. After many fails and trip ups, I'd called a time out so that I could talk to my team mates. It turns out that we weren't ready for this match, after all. Reece, JJ, Jeff, Aaron and I huddled together and put our heads together. We had to beat the Plastics.
          "So listen," I started. "My dad always says to win the goal, you've got to aim and put on your game face. And right now, you're aiming, you're running." I told them, frowning.
          "Yeah, well, it's hard when you're legally blind without your glasses." Aaron muttered.
          "And when they're so big and we're so wimpy." Jeff complained.
          "Okay, you either play or leave. Your choice." I stated.
          "We're not leaving because of Robert."

          "So think of the worst thing the Plastics' have done to you, and knock them down," I spoke sternly. "If they're gonna play full contact, so are we. Fumble-rooski on two."
          "Break." Jeff muttered.
          "Break." The others repeated.

          "Win for us!" I heard my mum shout.
          "Yeah, Tom!" Asia yelled, which earned a glare from Robert.
          "Remember, to win the goal, you've got to aim and put on your game face!" My dad exclaimed.
          Our plan was to make Robert's team go after JJ, Jeff, Aaron and I, thinking that we had the ball, but really Reece had the ball. He was laughing and walking in slow motion as the other team realised he had the ball. But it was too late. He had already scored.
          "What's going on?" Robert asked.
          "What are you doing?" Gordon shrieked.
          "Yes!" My team yelled.

          "Touchdown!" The referee declared.
          "That's not fair! He can't do that." Gordon spoke to himself. "Can he do that?"
          "You boys can really play. Who knew?" The referee complimented us.
          "Thank you." Reece smiled, pretending to flick his 'long and luxurious' hair.
          "Dammit, we're tied," I heard Robert complain. "I swear, if you Iet that psycho Thomas near me, I will end your social lives. Time for D and D."
          "Dirty dancing?" Fletcher asked, grinning.

          "Yeah, Fletcher, dirty dancing. No. Down and dirty, okay? Down and dirty. Let's get 'em. Go!"
          Okay, they were big, they were bad. We were dead. Aaron had fallen multiple times due to Robert's team picking on him. We'd thought it was best if we let Aaron rest. After all, one of Robert's members had thrown Aaron to the ground, then let Gordon break his glasses.
          "I can't see. I can't see!" Aaron exclaimed.
          "Nothing? How bad's your vision?" I asked, running to him.
          "I'm legally blind. I said so before."
          This was round four.
          "Just freshening up. Smells Iike lavender and ocean breeze, doesn't it?" Gordon asked Reece, who was allergic to lavender.
          The Plastics were using our weaknesses against us. They had even gotten into the spirit of pulling JJ's shorts down for the whole pitch to see. They were being immature and inappropriate. It was time to end this game once and for all.
          "Oh, come on!" JJ exclaimed, pulling his shorts up.
          "Come on, boys." The referee muttered, jogging over to us. "Enough of this, let's play football!"
          "AII right. My muscles are mush, my Iungs are about to burst and just Iook at us." Jeff panted.
          "I agree, we're totally not gonna lose." I spoke with no enthusiasm.
          "Gesundheit." Jeff spoke as Reece sneezed.
          "Cover your mouth." JJ muttered, wiping his arm and standing closer to me.
          "Really? 'Cause they have the ball." Jeff spoke in reply to my statement.
          "We have to take a stand. We can't Iet them score." I stated, shaking my head.
          "It hurts in my head and heart and my chest, and I'm having trouble catching my breath," Aaron complained. "We're going to lose."
          "No, we're not!" I exclaimed.

          "Gesundheit." Jeff spoke as Reece sneezed again.
          "Dude, cover your mouth!" JJ exclaimed, pushing Reece away from him.

          "Okay, I got it." Jeff agreed with me, nodding.

          "Thomas, I did it!" Fletcher exclaimed, running over to us.
          "Look, he did it!" Jeff exclaimed.
          "Cool, Robert is going down!" I spoke loudly.
          "Let me see that, Iet me see that." I heard my dad say to Jeff's mum.
          "What are you waiting for? This is football! Come on!" The referee stated, throwing the Red Team the ball.

          "Making everyone else do your dirty work, Robert?" I asked as he yawned. "You're still gonna lose."
          "Give me the ball. Now!" Robert yelled at his team.
          "Is that Nicki Simmer?" Mr Hensley asked.
          The game stopped as soon as Nicki had started running. Little did I know that the police were already at the game. Nicki running away from the police wasn't a good idea. They had already arrested her for assault, but Robert was fine, in the end, but now she was going to prison whether she liked it or not.
          "No, no, no, no, no!" Nicki exclaimed as the officers handcuffed her. "Come on, man, it was his idea. Right there, Robert! Number one! You're not number one anymore. But I Iove you, baby."
          "Shut the fuck up, Nicki! You were the one who suggested it!" Robert yelled at her. "You were too stupid to even remember suggesting it in the first place. It only has your fingerprints on it!"
          "What?" I asked. "Robert, it wasn't your fault?"
          "I didn't do anything. I tried to stop her. I broke up with her because I wanted nothing to do with that bitch."
          "Robert Irwin-Hemmings!" His dads scolded, running towards him.
          "I thought you were to blame for this," Luke muttered. "I'm sorry, kiddo. I'll take you to Pizza Hut."
          "Dad, Nicki beat me. I wasn't in a fight. I'm sorry." Robert apologised, hugging his dad, along with Asia and Fletcher.
          "I'm proud of you, Robby." Fletcher giggled, hugging his brother.
          "I'm proud of you, too, Robert." Asia smiled.
          "Dad knows." Robert stated.
          "What?" Fletcher asked.
          "Dad knows that you're with Jeff. I know that you're with Jeff. I know that you hacked into the cameras. Why didn't you tell me?"
          "Dad, why would you tell him?"
          "Not everyone can keep secrets..." Ashton trailed off, pouting.
          "Forget it, Robert. I'm not who you think I am."
          The Irwin-Hemmings family continued having their discussion about whatever as Mr Hensley, Asia, my dad and my mum ran over to me. I pulled Asia to my side and kissed her temple. I looked over to my parents who were smiling at me.