Chapter 2

Thomas Hood

In every school, students have their lunch gang. What gang was I in? I had no idea. I was a boy who didn't like fighting, didn't like acting like a dick, didn't play sports, or anything normal boys would do. But, as my dad says, your singer is only as good as your instrument, so I guess it didn't matter what gang I joined. Maybe I could create my own.

Robert Irwin-Hemmings

"Punkest clothes ever, Robert." Louis complimented me.
          "Thanks." I smirked. "Thought they might set off Nicki."
          "You had her checked for rabies, right?" Gordon asked.
          "What? Gords, my girlfriend does not have rabies. Just because that demon dog bit her doesn't mean she has an infection."
          "Too bad you couldn't get the new Prada bag with the fringe. Would've totally matched her brown fur." My brother frowned.
          "What are you talking about, Fletcher? God, sometimes I think you're so stupid. You're just like dad. I'm glad I'm the one with the brain cells."
          "Wait, which dad?"
          "Irwin."
          "Which Irwin?"
          "Fletcher, the short blonde one whose last name is Irwin. The one called 'Ashton'. He's plays the drums."
          "Wait, our dad's name is Ashton?"
          "Someone kill me," I face-palmed Fletcher. "Okay. Luke is Irwin-Hemmings, cooks toast well. Ashton is Irwin-Hemmings, cooks toast bad."
          "I just thought all daddies in the world were called 'dad'." Fletcher giggled.
          "Do you ever know who I'm talking about?"
          "Um..."
          "He lives with us, Fletcher. He lives with us."
          "Oh! My daddy! I know who you're talking about now." Fletcher burst into giggles.
          Believe it or not, all of the girls swooned over my brother. Everyone thought that he was playing dumb at first, but then they realised that he really was just dumb, and all of the girls seemed to like that. I didn't know why, though. I mean, I was here.
          "Anyway, Rolling Stone says ripped skinny jeans are the new accessory, and you're totally gonna rock that Iook." Gordon informed me.
          "Oh, I know," I scoffed at Gordon's comment. "Lost much, Iittle freshies? Scram." I snapped at the new years.
          "Ten dogs in a minute. Let's do this!" One of the tomboys cheered on the girl jocks.
          "You guys are goin' down!" My sister, Asia, smirked.
          "We're gonna win, come on..." One of the jocks told Nicki.
          "Yeah... Yeah, Iet's go, Iet's go!" Asia yelled, punching the air.
          "Come on!" Kyou yelled.
          "Nicki, focus!" Nicki's friend exclaimed. "Come on, girl!"
          "Ugh, they're so stupid. My sister and my girlfriend constantly at war. It's ridiculous," I grumbled, sitting. "It sounds like they're having some sort of four-way."
          "They're best friends, you know that." Gordon chuckled, patting my back.
          "It's just weird how they're always challenging each other, though. And they're from different gangs, the jocks and the tomboys."
          "They're basically the same thing," Gordon scoffed, turning away from me. "Oh, my God. Fletcher, stop drooling. You know what Robert thinks about you and Nathan. It's never going to happen."
          "What are you talking about?" He asked his friend, still drooling. My brother was so stupid.
          "Do not play dumb with me." Gordon scoffed.
          "I don't have to play dumb," Fletcher smirked, sitting. "Besides, the cashier totally sneezed on your salad."
          "Ew! Dude, that's gross!" Gordon shrieked, dumping his lunch in the bin. Oh, yeah. Gordon was exactly like his dad; a clean freak.
          "Pay up, you two Iosers." Nicki laughed.
          "God, Nicki is just so nasty." I frowned in disgust.
          "That's not a very nice thing to say about your girlfriend." Gordon frowned back, sitting.
          "She's a jock, she can take the heat. Plus, I'm only dating her 'cause she's probably getting a full ride to UCLA," I informed Gordon. "You know, one week in LA and I'II be a fucking model-hyphen-reality star hyphen-awesome!"
          "I heard Reece Skyes is totally into her." Fletcher informed me.
          "Oh, he wouldn't dare," I rolled my eyes. "Nicki, babes, over here. I missed you."
          "Hey, babe." Nicki smiled at me, kissing my cheek.
          "Hey, have you cut your hair?"
          "Yeah, do you like it?"
          "Oh, um, yeah," I gave her a fake smile. "It's...cute. You have a cute do."
          "Cute?" She asked.
          "Cute." I confirmed, bringing her closer to me so I could kiss her.
          "No, no!" She shrieked, pushing me away from her. "Dude, your dick totally just touched me. Make that thing go down."
          "Well, what am I supposed to do with it? You're a hot girl. I'm a teenage boy who's horny as fuck."
          "Well, you're not getting any in school. Besides, you could have a disease."
          "Shut up, Nicki. You'II hurt mini Hemmo's feelings."
          "What?"
          "That's what-" I started.
          "Baby, I don't need to hear the details. I was joking. I know you don't have a disease. You're too sen-" Nicki couldn't finish her sentence because the new dude had to yell at a slut.
          "No groping south of the equator!" He yelled at her, catching her wrists. "On either side."
          "Wow, the new boy can really handle himself," Nicki put on a smug expression. "Wonder what else he can handle."
          "Oh, my God! I'm you're boyfriend." I exclaimed in shock. "You did not just say that."
          "Hey, he's a hot dude. I'm a teenage girl who's horny as fuck." Nicki pouted at me, tapping my cheek twice.
          "Who the hell is he?" I demanded.
          "His name is Thomas, Thomas Hood." Gordon informed me.
          "As in...Calum Hood's son?" I asked, nervous. "Shit, guys. He's my cousin. Dad said that they're visiting, but he didn't say when."
          Gordon nodded, then replied, "He's in my bio class. Somebody said he came somewhere from, Iike, Florida or Texas. Then I also heard that he's an exchange student from Russia."
          "Oh, what did they exchange him for?" Fletcher asked.
          "Nothing, Fletch," I answered. "He's from America, or Australia, or whatever, I don't know."
          "He's kinda hot, don't you think?" Nicki asked me.
          "Well, if you're into skinny boys..." I trailed off.
          Just when I'd thought that my day couldn't get any worse, the school's art freak-nerd decided to spill his smoothie and his lunch all over me. I had pink raspberry's dripping from my hair and pasta running down my band tee and skinny jeans.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't know. I'm really sorry, Robert!" Jeff apologised. "I'II buy you another shirt. Or you can just have mine."
          "Is that what I think it is?" I asked him in shock.
          "The new Green Day shirt."
          "I Iove the colour green." Fletcher grinned.
          "It's the latest one..." I trailed off, still in shock. "How did you even get it?" I demanded an answer.
          "My dad got it for me Iast month, but-"
          "Last month?" I cut him off. "Just go!"
          "But-" I pushed him over before he left.
          "Stay down there, and don't ever Iook at me again. I might just have to kill you otherwise," I threatened him. "Better yet, don't even breathe the same air."