Chapter 16

Thomas Hood

A chorus of 'hey', 'hi' and 'hellos' could be heard from in front of and behind me. Aaron, JJ and Reece joined me at the table I had claimed for the Anti-Plastics. Our table was getting pretty big now. Almost a quarter of the boys in my year wanted to be apart of my group. If Jeff and Louis didn't hurry up, there was going to be no space for them.
          "Hey." I heard someone say from behind me.
          "Oh, hey, Jeff." I greeted my friend.
          "Okay, Tom, this year the music better not suck at the dance. You have sway with the DJ, right?" JJ asked.
          "Of course. What are your requests?"
          "Okay-"
          "You know, if he keeps inviting everybody to join our group, there won't be any room Ieft," I heard Louis say to Jeff. "At Ieast Robert understood the importance of exclusivity. Someone has to be the proletariat. That's lower class."

          "Hey, if you have a problem with my group, then leave. All of us our friends here, but you're nothing. All you are is a journalist who has nothing better to do than stalk people." I retorted, turning around.

          "Woah, calm down." Louis chuckled.
          "I'll fucking calm down when you fucking shut up!" I snapped, standing.
          "Dude, take a chill pill. I wasn't even talking to you."
          "One." I counted, taking a step close to Louis.

          "Wow, I'm so scared." Louis feigned terror.

          "Two." I counted, taking another step.

          "Counting is doing nothing." Louis scoffed, crossing his arms.

          "Three."

          That was it. Louis didn't move. I couldn't calm myself down in those three seconds. I could feel myself turning red all over. My eyes were a darker shade of brown and were squinted. My muscles, jaw and fists were clenched. My veins were popping against my flesh. I couldn't help myself. I launched myself at Louis, falling to the ground and taking him with me. I punched him as he tried to push me away from him. No one was doing anything to stop our fight, well, that was until my girlfriend and her best friend, who was a jock, pulled me off of Louis. Not knowing who the person was, I ended up punching Asia square in the face.
          "Stop, Thomas!" She yelled, holding her nose.

***

"I'm sorry, baby," I apologised, caressing my girlfriend's nose, which made her whimper. "I'm sorry."
          "It's fine." She replied.
          "We're home."
          "Home?"

          "My home." I replied, turning away to hide the red tint in my cheeks.
          "Hey, kiddo," My dad greeted us. "Lend me a hand. Jimmy gave me an extension on delivering project."

          "Sorry, Dad. I've got to help Louis with the school newspaper and pay for his medical fees. I have to make my campaign buttons, and I accidentally punched Asia." I mumbled the last part, scratching the back of my neck.
          "What?" He almost yelled.

          "Busy, busy!" I exclaimed, pushing Asia into the direction of my front door.
          "Oi, come back here!" My dad yelled, getting angry.
          "Thomas, I need to fix my nose. It hurts." Asia whimpered as she touched her nose.

          "Aw, sweetie, what has he done to you?" My mum gasped, obviously hearing what Asia had just complained about.
          "Mum." I whined.
          "Let's get you cleaned up, love." My mum cooed, taking Asia's arm and walking her into my house.