Giant mobile home

'Now that was a happy time, learning about the ship I had. Sending out a distress call for project freelancer.'

The screen shows an image of Maine getting up off of one of the cots in the sleeping area of the ship. The ship was built to house four people, and to have four people pilot it. But Maine managed, just couldn't go to hyperspace though. He got up helmet off and went over to the water dispenser he found on the ship and filled up a small pot. He then put said pot on a portable stove that he had found on one of the research stations he had raided.

The raids had to happen, he had to get food to live. Thou he did have to offload the sangheili (elete) food and fill the area that they took up with MREs. Maine went over to a small box he had and took out a packet that said "TYPE IV, instant coffee."

Maine poured the contents of the packet into a mug he had and put hot water into the mug. He proceeded to walk past the coat rack that he had made, which of course held his helmet, and into the bridge. There he started sipping his coffee till he looked at what was in front of him, a ship with the words "MOTHER OF INVENTION" on the side.

"Ohh, shit! Home here I come!" Maine thought putting his coffee down, and walking over to the ship's communication station. He had rigged up a usb type three to interface with his scroll and all unsc channels.

"Mayday, mayday, mayday, this is sierra 118 on unidentified transport, please respond over." Maine blasted into the comms with his scroll.

"This is the Mother Of Invention, the Director of Project Freelancer speaking, Maine is that you?" The director asked.

"Yes sir, could you send out pelican 4-7-9er out to guide me to the ship please?" Maine asked.

"She's on her way," the Director said as he was interrupted by a feminine voice in the background.

"Maine is that you?" The voice asked.

"AGENT CAROLINA! Go meet him in the hangar when he gets here!" The Director responded, to which Maine heard heavy footsteps going away from the mic.

"The nerve of that girl, anyways explanations will have to wait till we meet in person." The director said into the mic.

"Understood, sir." Maine replied as he walked off to the steering wheel of the ship of his. Where he saw 479er speeding towards him and going behind the ship, circling around.

"Welcome home, Jaune." The director said, as Maine guided the ship behind the pelican. He reached the hangar where he did a decent landing, facing this hassle when he had to raid that U.N.S.C. research station. He finished shutting down the engines when he got up, activating the small armory he had on board, where his brute shot and energy sword were. There were other small weapons in there but he didn't care. He checked that his second set of ears was hidden behind his mop of blonde hair, them instinctively moving down due to his childhood.

He picked his helmet up off the coat rack, tucking it under his arm when he remembered that he left his coffee and scroll on the bridge. He got them and started floating down the grav-lift on the bottom of the ship, to see a slightly angry carolina in her S.P.I. armor. She started walking to hug him, her helmet off, but she noticed the Muljnir armor that Maine was wearing. Along with the weapons, and the coffee.

"Maine?" She asked, "What happened?" To which Maine took a long drag of his coffee. And gave her a, "I can't explain it right now" look.

"Why aren't you talking, Maine?" Carolina asked, growing increasingly worried by the moment.

"Agent Maine was made mute by his augmentations, and gunshot wounds to his throat." The Director answered, causing Maine to give him a "thank you" look and Carolina to cover her mouth with her fingers.

"I'm soooo sorry." Carolina said, making Maine waved her off. Almost as if saying, "Its ok."

"All agents, please report to the briefing room. I repeat, all agents to the briefing room." A voice on the intercom said as the Director butted in.

"I wanted to announce your arrival to everyone. Save you a little bit of a communicational nightmare or twenty." The Director jokes, as the three walked out of the hangar. They continued silently to the briefing room where all of the agents were stunned to see Jaune again.

"JAUNE!" North almost screamed, running to him and giving him a hug. Which Maine reciprocated almost immediately. The others looked on, stunned. Meanwhile Washington was a bumbling mess trying to form words.

"I missed you too Wash," Maine 'said' through his scroll

"Why did you use your phone and not talk?" South said with a shit eating tone.

"That is why we are here right now," The director said, "we are going to explain the recounts of the events that we had from spartan B312 to explain what happened to Maine, while he prepares his recount of the events that happened afterwards."

The Spartan started tapping away at his scroll almost as soon as he said that. Meanwhile the Director said what happened to Maine, leaving out the spartan numbers and the other things that Oni didn't want them to hear. Then Maine proceed to explain what happened to him.

"All I wanted was to get home, back here. Any questions?" Maine asked to which Carolina raised her hand, and Maine nodded to her.

"Can we see that energy sword you talked about?" She asked as Maine instantly drew his sword, making her and the other freelancers gasp.

"Cool! So you said that you got a new brute shot, is it any special?" Washington asked.

"It uses some plasma in its firing mechanism to create bigger explosions." Maine replied.

"Ohh, cool." Wash replied.

"Anything else?" the director asked. To which none responded. "Dismissed."

"Maine, get settled in, we are moving on to phase two of the project," the Director said to him, to which he nodded in response, and walked off. Not to his quarters though, to the armory, to put away his weapons. Then to take off his armor, what? The spartan hadn't taken the thing off since Reach fell. Most of all though he didn't have a shower anytime in between then. The equipment managers were cringing as they took of Maine's armor.

"Dude, this is some frikn rank." One of the operators said, running to his quarters quickly to get a gas mask. But, after that maine took a very long shower. By happenstance it was also very thorough, including multiple bars of soap. Maine walked back to his locker to notice that none of his clothing that he brought fit, ok that's a lie. It was all just, skintight. Maine found this out the hard way by putting on his shirt and looking in the mirror.

"Maine," North said, almost breaking down laughing at seeing Jaune's stomach due to the shirt. "We bought you new clothing, hearing what problems spartians faced after augmentation. I kept them because you..." North trailed off.

"Sorry, Noble kind of had to try to save a planet," Maine said through his scroll, sounding like Stephen Hawking, of course making North laugh.

"Hey your back now at least," North said, with a genuine smile.

"Thanks North, i've got to go get some food that isn't artificial as an MRE." Maine said, making North chuccle.