Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

"What does your childhood have to do with any of this?" he snapped.

Zane ignored him.

"Damon told me they were sick of being my babysitters anyway and that they would take their punishment, they wanted me gone. I knew that they knew who my parents were, I had to beat it out of him, I got one name" he looked Abby directly in the eye "Our mothers"

Everyone turned to look at Abby. This couldn't be true, her mother would never abandon her child, never, she believed that with all her heart.

"Your lying" she said

He shook his head sadly "I'm not, read my mind, it's the truth. Your perfect mother abandoned me at birth. Now my father, that's another story"

All eyes turned to Julius, who held his hands up.

"Don't look at me, I'm not your father, and I don't believe you either."

Zane snorted "Like I care what you think."

"Did you find him?" asked Calli "Your father"

Zane shook his head "He found me"

"Well" demanded Julius.

"He came to me in my dreams, about four month ago. He told me he had been searching for me and that he wanted to be a family. I was angry so I refused and that's when thing got nasty."

"How do you know he was your father?" asked Aiden

"I believed him, he was strong, powerful. There was something about him though that made me defensive, he reeked of evil"

"Like father, like son" said Jacob

"I am nothing like him" Zane spat "Nothing"

"Zane" Abby said, her voice shaking "Who is your father?"

He looked her dead in the eyes.

"The Creator" he whispered.

And that was when all hell broke loose, Zane was seized by the guards, ti took five of them to hold him down. The head of the council, the Vampire stepped forward.

"How dare you come into our castle, you are not welcome here, take him away immediately"

The guards started to drag him off. Calli sat at the table sobbing, while Leah and Aiden tried to comfort her.

"Wait" Abby shouted, trying to get to Zane. If what he said was true then he was her half brother, she wasn't going to let them just drag him off. Julius grabbed her arm.

"Abby, please, he's lying, your mother would never do that"

Abby shook him off, no, she didn't really think her mother would do that, but she believed Zane, she had felt the connection. Racing to him she threw off two of the guards with ease. She ignored the shouts of warning aimed at her. She stared in to Zane's eyes.

"I believe you"

His eyes widened in shock, for the first time in his life someone actually believed him. He struggled against the guards.

"Stop" Abby commanded "Release him"

The guards didn't hesitate, they let Zane go. He looked at her with awe, she was very powerful, only the council should have been able to command the guards.

"Abby, you don't know what your'e doing"

"Jarrod, I know exactly what I'm doing, now everybody just back off."

The room quieted as brother and sister took each other in.

"I have felt a connection to you from the moment we met, if you say we are family, I believe you. But I promise you that our mother would have never abandoned you, she would have protected you with her life"

Zane stared at her a moment, he had to take this chance.

"I believe you " he said at last

Abby smiled "Good, now can you explain to me why he wants you dead, and why you think this is Julius's fault."

Zane refused to look at anybody else, he kept his gaze focused on Abby.

"He told me everything, in the hope I would join him I think. He can take on the image of any of his creations. He couldn't destroy Julius, so he decided to make me. He took the form of a Vampire met our mother and I was created. He told me she didn't want me because of who he was, he gave the job to two Demons to watch over me until I was old enough to join him"

Julius stepped forward.

"If he's telling the truth we are in serious trouble here. If what you are saying is true, then you are also a first, that means you can give him back the power of Creation"

"What!" Abby gasped

"Wait a minute, first you say he wanted to play happy families, then your attacked by his Demons and left for dead, when all along you could give him his power back. This doesn't make sense."

Zane turned to Jarrod.

"I don't know do I" he shouted "I told him I wouldn't go with him, he expected me to fall at his feet like a good little puppy. The next thing I knew I was being dragged off by some Demons."

Selena stepped forward, she walked around Zane..

"If he wanted you dead, you would be. He's tricked us all, if he uses you both there will be no stopping him. I think he knew you would be brought here, he's setting a trap"

Julius nodded.

"That sounds just like him, he wouldn't expect the boy to tell us who he really is for fear of what we would do to him."

"I think you should be on your way, the council and I will open a portal. Take him to the dungeons" said the Vampire.

"No" said Calli rushing to Zane's side.

He looked at her with pure disbelief. She knew who he was and yet she still wanted to protect him. Abby moved to his other side.

"Just because his father is evil, doesn't mean he is" she stated "Zane has been used, just like the rest of us, he wasn't made out of love, he was made  to be destroyed. It's not his fault, he doesn't want to be evil, I think we should give him a chance. If we keep him with us we have a better chance of defeating the Creator."

"I don't trust him, and neither should you " said the Vampire

"Then he shall just have to earn our trust"

Everybody knew they weren't going to win the argument with Abby. She understood where they were coming from, but Zane was her family, she had already lost so much, she couldn't lose him to.

Suddenly the room was filled with noise as guards filled the room.

"Were under attack" one cried "There's Demons everywhere"

All eyes turned to Zane.

"It wasn't me, I swear" he said holding his hands up.

"Prepare for your journey, we will open the portal now. The rest of you prepare to fight"

The guards rushed out ready to defend the council with their lives. Abby grabbed Zane's hand.

"Your coming with us, somebody get him a sword" she shouted at the nearest person.