Chapter Twenty Seven

I'm sorry this chapter is so short, plus it pretty much sucks, hopefully I will do better with the next one. Anyways thanks to everyone for reading and thanks to all my new fans x

**********************************************************************************************************

Before anyone knew what was happening, Zane was hanging in the air. Julius had him by the throat, his eyes were red, his fangs were down, he growled at Zane. Zane didn't even seem to notice that he was being chocked to death, he repeatedly flung his arms and legs out, trying to get a hit on Julius.

Abby rushed over, placing her hand on her fathers arm.

"Put him down" she said as calmly as she could.

Julius gaze didn't even waver, he stared Zane straight in the eyes.

"What are you doing here?" he asked

Zane's face was turning from red to purple, yet he still didn't give up the fight.

"Please" Abby begged "He cant answer you if you kill him"

Abby's voice finally reached him, he threw Zane across the floor with a flick of his hand. Zane, coughing, immediately tried to stand.

"Don't even think about it" Julius growled.

Calli rushed to Zane's side, checking to see if he was okay.

"Zane what is this all about?" asked Abby

Zane didn't answer, instead he just glared at Julius, his eyes shone with pure hatred.

"Answer her" bellowed Julius

"I'm here because of you, just like the rest of them" he spat.

Julius looked at him shocked. He had never seen this boy in his life, what was going on? What shocked him the most was how much he resembled Abby and him, this was surely some kind of trick.

"I think we should all calm down" said Selena "Let's give Zane a chance to explain himself"

"I don't have to explain myself to any of you"

Calli took Zane's hand. "Please Zane, let us help you"

Zane's eyes softened as he looked at Calli, they really did have feelings for each other. He sighed and stood up, holding out his hand for Calli.

"Only for you"

He sat at the table and put his head in his hands. When he felt composed enough he looked up, straight in to the eyes of the man he hated. Because of him he had been alone his whole life, unable to make real friends. He was always searching, searching for answers and he had finally found them. They weren't the answers he wanted, but at least he could now try and make some kind of life for himself.

"When I was born I was abandoned. I grew up knowing I was different, I had nothing but hate in my heart. The people who raised me were harsh, in fact they were pure evil. There was something different about them too, they were definitely not human."

Calli squeezed Zane's hand, she knew that he had had a hard time with his foster parents.

"The night I ran away they finally told me what I was. I believed them. I was battered and briused, I could't take anymore. When I fought back I was surprised I was able to knock Damon down. I guess he was surprised too."

"I'm sorry" Abby said, moving closer, Jarrod grabbed her hand and pulled her back, both he and Jacob were still glaring at Zane.

Zane smirked at Jarrod, making him even angrier.