MORNING SICKNESS

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I really don't think it's a stomach ache, Death Boy. You haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary to upset it," Will explained, "and I already checked over your stomach. It's fine."

"Maybe something else is wrong," Annabeth suggested.

Nico found himself rolling his eyes. "You're right as always, Annabeth. For starters I can't shadow travel. I feel lightheaded, as if I were going to puke, and it feels like I'm getting stabbed in the gut every time I take a breath. And for the love of the gods, Percy, get that away from me."

The son of Poseidon's gaze swept between his "bro" and the turkey sandwich he had been about to pass to him in his hand with a puzzled looked. "Neeks, you love turkey. Actually you like all meat with a hunger similar to a starving wolf."

"Well, today the sight of it makes me sick," he retorted as he closed his eyes.

For a moment everyone was quiet. Only Nico groaning and flopping onto his back a few seconds later broke the silence, which caused Will to hover over him worriedly.

"Will," he spoke while he wrapped his arms around his middle tightly.

"Yes, Nico?"

"Are you sure you can't find anything wrong with me? It seriously feels as if my intestines are tied up in knots. Ugh, and I feel sore everywhere. I'm only eighteen; I shouldn't feel this achy."

Will sighed, his hands glowing as he held them over Nico's stomach. He frowned when he found nothing just like before they had left the apartment. This time though he moved his hands lower, stopping above his navel so he could get a reading on if something where wrong there. Perhaps the muscles were tense or—

He drew his hands away as if he had been burned. A blush appeared on his now openly shocked and confused face, his mind reeling with terror.

"Holy Hera!"

Everyone around him stared at the healer with wide, worried eyes. Nico almost looked too scared to ask, but he sat up and opened his mouth anyway.

"Um, Sunshine, is it bad?"

The son of Apollo rambled, nothing he was saying making sense until Reyna snapped at him to say something coherent. "Well, uh, you see... How do I say this? Y-you have cramps, nausea, food aversion, and... morning sickness."

Nico was deathly silent. "Will, please tell me you are not insinuating what I think you are insinuating."

"You mean that you're pregnant?" Tucker voiced in disbelief. "He can't be insinuating that, Death Breath; you're a guy! That's impossible."

Will moaned into his hands, panic seizing him from what he'd sensed in his boyfriend's core. "Not exactly. The gods can do a lot, which includes pointing a finger at someone and planting a freaking seed of a soul inside of their body. That is exactly what is wrong with my boyfriend." Suddenly, Will's blue eyes darkened. "I'm going to kill my father."

"This isn't permanent," Nico said quietly. "I mean, it can't be! He didn't change my anatomy from what I can tell. There is no physical way for me to... I don't want to finish that statement. Besides, Apollo knows my dad would punish him for eternity if I am actually," he gulped, "pregnant."

Before anyone could comment, Jason noticed a piece of paper materialize in the air and told the wind to bring it to him. Everyone watched as he opened it, eyes scanning it quickly.

"Well," the son of Jupiter began, "this is a note from Apollo. He says 'Hi Nico! Be a nice future son-in-law and don't tell Uncle Hades about this, okay? This will only last a day so I can see what the future would look like if a male demigod as powerful as yourself mixed with my awesome genes had a kid. The soul I nested inside you will be placed inside a woman after you go to sleep tonight. You know how the whole soul attachment thing works so there is no need to worry about you actually having a baby. However, the offer still stands. I have many kids but the more grandchildren the better! Oh, and tell Will I said hi!' That is all."