SOLO QUEST: PT4

"Bob, watch out!"

Bob had barely managed to haul Damasen out of the way before a massive ball of fire landed where they had been moments before. This didn't deter Perses though; the crazed titan merely laughed before sending another ball of flames flying.

Nico scowled as he grudgingly pulled his sword from the ground and placed it back in its holder. Despite the fight being two against one, the injured giant was a vulnerable target that Perses took advantage of at every turn. Since Nico couldn't lift him, it was up to Bob to get him to safety. This would have been manageable if not for whenever Bob tried to drag Damasen away Perses attacked them mercilessly. He would treat Nico as an annoying fly, not bothering to do anything but send spheres of acid at the demigod whenever he got close until he had to distance himself. The undead were no help, because they were blasted to bits by the fire or melted by acid as soon as they marched in the destructive titan's direction.

"Do you really think a boy, a janitor, and a half-dead giant can beat me?" Perses bellowed as one of his projectiles hit Bob's shoulder, causing golden ichor to run down his shirt.

Suddenly a loud rumbling echoed from the pit, cold laughter floating up seconds later. Everyone in the cavern other than Perses tensed. They knew the maker of that sound all too well.

"See? There is no use fighting me. One way or another you'll all be either dead or wishing you were dead."

Watching where Bob and Damasen stood near the tunnel, the only way out, Nico winced as he summoned all the power he could manage to create a huge wall in between the two and Perses. It was far enough from the opening to allow entrance and escape, but its massive girth and thickness made it to where the flurry of fireballs that were thrown at it out of fury had hardly any effect.

Nico grinned beside the situation he was in. It would allow Bob just enough time to get Damasen out of the tunnel and away from danger.

However, as a seething Perses swept his red eyes across the cave and landed on Nico, the son of Hades lost his smirk.

Oh schist, he thought.

"If you think a wall will stop me from fulfilling my mission you are sadly mistaken, spawn of Hades. You have only prolonged the amount of time they have before I come after them. After I rid the world of the living of your pathetic existence, they'll begin the nine day journey into Tartarus."

"I don't think so," Nico said coolly before grabbing his sister's bow and notching an arrow. He let it fly and was getting another ready just as the titan launched an orb of acid at him. The acid never hit since Nico was quick, but the titan didn't even try to evade the arrow that was now embedded in the meat of his bicep.

For some strange reason, the titan began laughing. His laughter echoed throughout the cave even as he ripped the arrow from himself and his golden blood flowed steadily down his arm.

"You're a feisty little thing, aren't you?" Perses taunted when he'd calmed down enough. "You remind me of myself in my earlier days. It would be a shame for me to kill you after making such a connection, but maybe one of my brothers or sisters in Tartarus would kindly do the honors for me." He cackled as he threw a look at the pit, a gust of wind like an exhale following suit as if agreeing with the titan.

Despite trying to hide his fear, Nico knew the titan could see right through his guise. This did not mean he wouldn't go down without a fight though.

Instead of dignifying the immortal with a response, arrow after arrow was pulled out of the magically replenishing quiver and sent slicing through the air towards him. On the other hand, titans were not meant to be taken lightly. Only two more arrows actually hit Perses before the barrage of fire he summoned made it nearly impossible. Nico had managed to land one in the titan's leg and right eye.