WEDDING BLUES

Nico glanced out the window of the hotel with a small smile on his face. The weather, which had been forecasted to be rainy, was absolutely beautiful. The sun was shining brightly (thanks to Apollo) and there was not a cloud in the sky. Apparently, Poseidon had convinced his brother to make the weather nice for his son's wedding. That or Hera, despite Annabeth's distain of the goddess of marriage, blessed their wedding to go smoothly. Chances were it was probably the first guess, but Nico wanted to keep an open mind.

"Deep breaths, Perce." Jason coached as the groomsmen stood around the joint bedroom they would be sharing for the night. The girls were on a different floor of the hotel getting ready, waiting up there until Annabeth's biological father told them it was time to go up to the roof.

It had been Aphrodite's idea to hold the ceremony on the roof of a very fancy hotel in New York. Originally they had been planning on doing a seaside wedding much like Sally's, but after Aphrodite visited them they changed their minds. The hotel they were staying in was one the goddess of love visited with Ares quite often. It was a beautiful one that overlooked the ocean, and the architecture of the building itself had pleased Annabeth very much.

"What if I go into one of those coughing fits during the ceremony? What if I forget the lines of my wedding speech? What if a monster shows up and—"

Putting a hand on his shoulder, Grover shot his friend a grin. "Just drink some water, pretend you're only talking to Annabeth, and remember you have dozens of trained demigods prepared to protect this wedding from any monsters that are stupid enough to show up."

"Nothing will show," Will put in helpfully. "Especially if your dad or Athena shows up."

Percy paled, sea green eyes widening at the thought. "Oh gods of Olympus, I forgot that they might show up. I'm going to have Athena judging everything I do."

Nico gently smacked Percy and Will upside the head.

"Percy, you need to calm down and face this wedding like a man. Everyone gets nervous during their wedding. You'll pull through like everyone else. Will, never try to be supportive again. You got the groom panicking now."

Will smiled sheepishly before apologizing to Percy, who just ignored him and began to recite the wedding vows he had come up with after some advice from his mother.

After a few more minutes, Paul came in telling everyone it was time to take their places out on the roof. When the boys marched outside to take their places, they saw that the guests were seated, and Chiron, the "person" wedding them, was sitting in his fake wheelchair underneath the altar with a proud smile on his face.

"Look," Will whispered excitedly from where he stood in his suit next to Nico. "The bridesmaids are coming!"

Nico rolled his eyes at his boyfriend's enthusiasm, but when he saw his sister beaming in her dress looking absolutely beautiful and happy as could be he felt a large smile slip onto his face. She would make Frank an amazing wife someday. He also knew the son of Mars would treat her like a queen, because if he didn't Nico would throw the stick keeping him alive into a volcano.

Soon the path to the altar was clear. After a minute one of Annabeth's younger sisters who was acting as flower girl started to walk out, followed by the bride herself.

Nico watched Percy as he stared directly at her, eyes shining and a huge grin splitting his face as he gazed at her. A long time ago Nico would have been bitter at their happiness, but not anymore. Nico's heart went out to the couple as Chiron started the ceremony, Percy's mother and step-father already tearing up at the site of them just looking at each other. That was how much they loved each other.

As "I do" was said and the couple kissed to confirm their marriage, the entire rooftop erupted into cheering and clapping. As Jason, Grover, and Will hopped up and down excitedly along with most of the girls Nico noticed a man step out of the shadows near the entrance to the roof. He was wearing Bermuda shorts and a flowery shirt that left Nico with a bad feeling (he still hated the bright tropical shirts even after all this time), but he knew who the man was. There was no doubt in his mind that it wasn't Poseidon.

From the bride's side of the seating, Athena sat there disguised as a human with a soft smile on her face. She would not have missed Annabeth's wedding after so many accomplishments. Her daughter's happiness warmed her heart, and for just a second she told herself that perhaps Poseidon's boy wasn't so bad after all.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"I cannot believe you caught the bouquet!" Leo squealed as Piper's face heated up. "Oh my gods, when you two get married I totally call dibs at being best man. I mean, who else would it be other than McShizzle himself?"

"Leo, shut up before Jason picks Percy instead. Oh gods, when word of this reaches my mother..."

The son of Hephaestus grabbed his heart as if he had been wounded. "Ouch, Pipes, that stung. Jason would never pick some water boy when he can have the hottest guy around."

"Hey!" The groom said with a pout from where he was eating a very large piece of bright blue wedding cake. His mother had made it, of course.

Nico and Will sat on the far end of the table as Leo and Percy proceeded to argue over Jason, who merely sighed while trying to tell Leo that he would not be best man if he didn't stop talking. The son of Hades and son of Apollo were feeding each other cake and chatting contentedly a few seats away from them.

"I can't wait until we get married," Will sighed dreamily as he gazed around the room. "My mom can walk me down the aisle while you stand at the altar."

"Your dad might seriously start crying if you don't let him walk you down the aisle, Sunshine."

The blond shrugged, frowning slightly. "I'm sorry but my mom has been in my life way more than he has. It's only fair. Besides, since it will be a homosexual wedding things aren't really going to be arranged like normal gender-wise."

"I suppose, but we'll talk about that later in life, okay?" Nico didn't want to admit it but the notion of marrying Will caused his stomach to do summersaults. In a good way, of course.

Will kissed Nico on the cheek softly. "Okay, Death Boy." He looked like he was going to say something else when all of a sudden the music started, causing heads to spin in their table's direction as the newlyweds went to dance as husband and wife.

When they were done, those at the wedding party table went down to join in the fun. Will even managed to drag Nico down for a dance too.

"You look really handsome," Will said as the two swayed together during a slow song.

Nico rolled his eyes, but the smile on his face grew nonetheless. "You're way more handsome."

"You're right, it's because I'm taller."

Will chuckled even as Nico narrowed his eyes at him. The jibe to his height was soon forgotten though, since they were too busy holding each other and sneaking the occasional kiss.