LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER

The sound of someone knocking on their apartment door reached the young couple, causing Will to stop setting out plates in exchange for inviting their guests in.

"Why hello there, Mr. Solace-di Angelo!" Jason grinned as he hugged his "bro-in-law", Piper simply smiling at his constant enthusiasm. "Happy six month anniversary to you guys! Oh, and thanks for having us over for dinner."

Nico scoffed as he finished cutting the pizza and placed the pizza-cutter on the stove. He turned to his friend a moment later, eyebrow raised incredulously.

"Jason, just because you live in the apartment directly across from ours that doesn't mean you need to refer to us as your neighbors every time you come over. You guys come over for dinner at least two times a week just like how we come over to yours about as often; you don't need to thank us anymore either. It's implied at this point. Also, why do you always insist on calling us by our last name?"

The son of Jupiter shook his head as if his reasons were obvious. "First of all, Will still says thank you so I will continue to as well. Secondly, your combined last name is so poetic and just overall fun to say. It pretty much means 'solace of the angel'. How is that not adorable?"

"That's because he's too polite for his own good," the dark-haired demigod said, ignoring the compliment. "Anyway, are Percy and Annabeth still joining us?"

"Percy should be on his way, but Annabeth has an exam."

"Ah, I see. Percy always comes over when he knows Annabeth won't be able to cook for him."

Will chuckled, wrapping an arm around Nico's waist before nuzzling the side of his cheek. "Can you really blame him? Your cooking is delicious!"

"And we all know when left to his own devices he would probably set his house on fire if he tried to make something other than a microwavable meal," Jason put in.

Nico rolled his eyes, but agreed full-heartedly. Sure he cared for Percy like a brother; however, that guy could be so clueless sometimes even if he was only a few months short of turning twenty-one.

"True," was all he ended up saying on the matter. His dark brown eyes suddenly lit up as he remembering something. "Oh, you two will be happy to hear that we talked to the people that work at the foster home down the street. As of today Will and I are on the waiting list for adopting a young demigod or legacy."

"That's awesome!" Piper squealed, hugging him in her excitement. "You could be getting another member of the family sometime soon then?"

"Eventually."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, there's a long and annoying process we still have to go through. We are scheduled to have our apartment checked next week to make sure it's a suitable environment for a child. After that we have to take a bunch of tests and sign even more papers, but we're not too worried about those. It's the waiting for an eligible kid to appear which will take the most time. The lady working there said since there aren't that many demigods, legacies, or on occasion clear-sighted mortals that don't just live at Camp Jupiter it may take a year or even longer for one to show up. Children younger than eight, which is when they can start training if they so choose to, are hard to come by. There are also a few couples in before us, so..."

Jason and Piper frowned as he trailed off, but nodded in understanding.

"I understand that most demigods or legacies that come here almost always join the legions," Jason started while sitting down on the couch. Piper joined him while Nico and Will finished setting out the plates and food. "And I wouldn't wish for there to be a kid so young that didn't have any other family of their own to turn up here, but it's just unfortunate that they don't ask if the younger children at camp would appreciate being adopted. There are plenty who don't have any parents or family, and one would think some would jump at the chance to have a family again. Maybe ask Reyna and Frank about it?"