MARRY ME?

As nice days go, everything about the day was absolutely perfect. The sun was shining obnoxiously behind a few scattered clouds, the temperature was warm but fine when complimented with the soft breeze blowing every few minutes, and Nico woke up with a nervous energy he hadn't felt in a while. His mind was buzzing with so many thoughts he almost shadow traveled to Will's dorm without changing out of his pajamas. Luckily, Nico had previously laid out a pair of black jeans and a shirt Cecil had made for him online that read "Find solace in the one you love!" with a little cartoon picture of the sun underneath the words. Considering what he would be asking his boyfriend today, he thought it'd be appropriate to wear.

"Are you feeling alright?" Will asked teasingly when Nico picked him up in front of his dorm. "I'm usually the one bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning, not you."

Nico stuck out his tongue, jumping back instinctively when Will tried to capture it in a kiss. It was a little game they played whenever one of them stuck out their tongue so he had seen it coming.

"I'm just really excited about everyone getting together today," he half-lied.

Will nodded, intertwining his fingers with his boyfriend as he replied. "I'm pretty excited too. We haven't seen Cecil and Lou Ellen since January, and Leo and Calypso don't visit often enough for Jason and Piper's tastes. The fact my mom will finally get to see New Rome makes it even better. I thought you'd have been more excited about the food everyone is bringing to celebrate the end of the school year though," he said while playfully poking his boyfriend in the stomach.

After poking him back, Nico called for the shadows nearby to transfer them into the middle of the park. They tumbled out of the shadows with a laugh a moment later.

"Somebody is giddy," the son of Apollo joked as they brushed some grass off themselves before walking over to where they could see their friends and family already assembled.

The scene before them was the picture of happiness. Hazel was giggling while Frank handed frozen hotdogs to Leo, who cooked them using his hands while Calypso rolled her eyes at her boyfriend. Next to them Piper was telling Leo to put the veggie-dogs on a plate separate from the ones he was cooking as she set out the other foods that had been brought. Annabeth smiled as Percy pointed to the plate of blue cookies they had made the night before, Jason coming up behind him and wrapping a friendly arm around his "bro". Percy returned the gesture, stating something about how he missed the feeling of his bro's arm around him, causing their wives to look at each other tiredly and sigh. Sitting at the two picnic tables that had been pushed together so everyone could fit were the rest of their friends. Cecil and Tucker both held cameras and were apparently comparing them while Lou Ellen and Reyna conversed with Mrs. Solace. In the shade of the trees Festus and Felicia were curled up, gears turning quietly as a smaller dragon made of what looked like copper flew in the air above them.

Nico stopped walking, causing Will to look at him strangely.

"Is something wrong, Death Boy?"

Slowly, a warm smile slipped onto the younger teenager's face. "No, Sunshine. I'm just really happy."

Will followed Nico's gaze and stared for a while, his blue eyes sparkling in the sunlight. He squeezed the hand in his when he finally found what he wanted to say.

"We're lucky, aren't we?" He asked softly.

The son of Hades nodded. They were thinking the exact same thing.

"We are."

It was then Hazel noticed her brother and Will standing a little ways away, a grin splitting her face as she waved for them to come over. This caught everyone else's attention. The two boys hurried to join the celebration as they were called over by basically everyone there.