Chapter 1

'You can judge the success of a man by his bodyguard'

I look fascinated at the glass door in front of me. In the past I've cycled past this building dozens of times, but I've never been inside. I raise my hand and want to press the bell, but a sudden nervous feeling stops me. I try to shake off the feeling, but the knot in my stomach remains. I don't normally get nervous that easily, but today isn't a normal day. Today I'm going to work as a bodyguard for the first time. During my training I've of course done several internships as a bodyguard, but now that I've graduated I can really work as a bodyguard. My supervisor told me that he had recommended me to a large company who are looking for new bodyguards. I had thanked him, but didn't expect anything from it, until I received a phone call yesterday. They had read my resume and wanted to invite me for an interview. 'My first job interview,' I whisper to myself and I notice that my voice is shaking. A little laugh escapes my mouth. Oh god why am I this nervous, I think to myself, while shaking my head. 'Don't be nervous y/n, you can do this,' I say, after which I take a big gasp of air. I raise my hand again and press the bell. Within a couple seconds I hear a female voice. 'Good morning, how may I help you?' she asks. I lean closer to the speaker and clear my throat. 'Uhm good morning. My name is y/n and I'm here for a job interview,' I say. 'Wait one second dear,' the voice says after which I hear a rustle of paper. After a couple seconds she starts talking again. 'I will open the door for you. Go straight ahead and at the third corridor turn right. The second door on the left takes you to a waiting room. You can wait there until someone comes for you,' she says. 'Okay, thankyo...' I start to say but I already hear a click as a sign that she has hang up. With a loud buzzing noise the doors opens and I quickly walk inside. It's nice and cool inside, unlike outside where it's really a sauna. I follow the instructions of the woman and miraculously I can find the waiting room. I open the door and see that I'm not alone. There are three men waiting in the waiting room. I guess that the two most right men are in their mid-thirties. The other man looks younger. I expect him to be around the same age as me. I smile at them and take place on an empty chair. I have not yet sat down, or the door of the waiting room opens. A tall middle-aged woman walks inside and looks around. 'Park Dong-soo,' she says. Surprised I look up when I recognise her voice as the one I heard earlier at the door. She sees my surprised face and smile at me. The man, who's apparently Park Dong-soo, gets to his feet and walks towards the woman. 'Please follow me,' she says, while making a gesture. When they've left I look to the other two men. I hadn't thought about it yet, but I think these are my competitors. They're both really masculine and tall, which is actually the opposite of me. But looks don't say everything. I'm actually very strong and I was the best in my class in taekwondo. I'm startled when the door opens again. 'y/n', the woman say and I quickly jump to my feet. 'Y-yes,' I say while walking towards her. She smiles wide at me and makes gesture. 'Please follow me.' She turnes around and I follow her outside. She takes firm steps and I have to rush to keep up with her. We walk quit for a couple minutes when I suddenly hear laughter at the other end of the corridor. At that moment a large group of boys walk around the corner. When they pass us they bow politely to the woman and me. I quickly bow back at each of them. Without me realising it, my eyes shift to those of the boy who walks all the way in the back. He has large and dark brown eyes that look intently at me. They make me think of the eyes of Bambi. 

I can't help myself, but for some reason I keep staring at him

I can't help myself, but for some reason I keep staring at him. When the boy passes me I automatically turn around so that my eyes keep following his. He does the same and for a few seconds we keep staring at each other. Then the boy lifts one of his eyebrows and smirks at me. I suddenly realize how ridiculous this is and I quickly turn around. In the mean time the woman has almost reached the end of the corridor and I have to run to keep up with her. For some reason I can feel the eyes of the boy burning on my back, but when I turn around again all the boys are gone. I shake my head and walk after the woman who now takes a right turn. She stops in front of a door and makes a gesture that I have to enter the room. 'Good luck,' she says while winking at me, after which she turns around and walks away. I turn towards the door and take a deep breath. 'It's all or nothing, y/n,' I whisper to myself, after which I open the door.